Super Bowl - Chiefs: Dreams And Nightmares

Started by MDS, January 29, 2023, 10:07:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

Quote from: Geowhizzer on February 12, 2023, 10:24:38 PM
The holding call sucked, but the Eagles' defense did absolutely nothing to stop Mahomes or the running attack in the second half.

Still would have loved seeing Hurts with a chance there at the end.  I think he's proven himself legit.

Right. Like it wasn't the call that lost them the game so to speak but it cost them a chance to put the best offense in the league back out there with time on the clock.

Just a horrendous way to end that game.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Don Ho

And please explain that last ditch Hail Mary by hurts. Please tell me the ball just slipped or There is some weird designed short pattern that wasn't there because that was Pop Warneresque
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

QB Eagles

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Rome

Losing is one thing.  Losing like that is another.   Total joke. 

The thing is the defense was abominable.  No excusing their horrendous play.

Don Ho

The Chiefs were going to score irregardless but WTF with those blown coverages on the last two TDs? 

Even without the fumble return TD the Chiefs wore their ass down and 1000% dominated the second half. 

Birds D had one hard hit, CJ, all game, OK Hargrave had one good hit.  Chiefs D was bringing it all game.  They were hitting while the birds were reinacting classic Three Stooges routines.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Don Ho

God dammit, where is Todd to make me feel better?

QB Eagles

hate list (excluding refs)

- gannon
- quez
- everyone who wanted siposs back
- shameful condition of the field

Don Ho

Don Ho

This upcoming draft is farging huge. Don't farg this up how Howie! 

PhillyPhreak54

Don Ho

Man, there is nothing worse than a losing coaches press conference.

MDS

having a debilitatingly depressing loss feels so pure and natural to me...like home. we back, fam. like this wasnt worse than ronde or ricky manning because 2017 happened but man oh man this was brutal

you cant blame it all on the call. was it holding? sure. can you call it there? no farging way. they hadnt called shtein all game then with the game on the line called it and gave KC the win. would hurts have driven them down the field...maybe. maybe its a fg and its OT then who knows.

point blank they were awful in 2H defensively and their pass rush was non existent all game. the fumble was inexcusable and a game changer....hurts needed to be flawless to beat mahomes and he was except for 1 massive thing.

mahomes is extraordinary and the most talented person to ever play the position. at the same time, cinci held him to 23 in the afccg. it can be done to keep him until 30. gannon was clueless as usual against an elite qb/coach. just a depressingly bad loss that is going to take some time to get over.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

mahomes >

It was the obvious reason they couldnt win pre game and its the reason they lost 
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous