Super Bowl LII - Patriots: The Eagles Won The God Damn Super Bowl

Started by MDS, January 22, 2018, 12:50:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geowhizzer

Rome

The only acceptable things to watch on tv while in England are Monty Python and Benny Hill.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Don Ho

I still stress out when I go back and even watch the highlights version. That whole game, the pace, from the first drive to right down to the last play, it was like watching the bullet train go by. The way teams were scoring at will, 4th and goal, Brady, the fumble, I don't know how I didn't have a heart attack.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

Good way to describe it.

I was a nervous wreck the entire time. And every time I rewatch it I remember how nervous I was. Four hours of impending doom and then sheer joy.

Rome

I recorded the game at the expressed violation of orders I received from my wife. She insisted that if I recorded it the Eagles would certainly lose and it would be MY FAULT. I was in Philly and I figured I would be shtein-faced and not remember certain parts, so at the last minute before I left I set the recording to start an hour before and end two hours after.

Anyway, they won and I must have watched that game ten times when I got back.  Eventually the DVR it was recorded on had to be replaced but they replayed it on NFL Network and I've since re-recorded it, but not all of it obviously. 

The explosion of joy and relief we all experienced in that bar in Philly when they won will never be duplicated. The decision we made to drive a thousand miles to be there is one of the best I've ever made in my life.  Should have stayed for the parade, though, but that's ok. 

PS: farg Tom Brady.