Week 1 - Washington: Racial Slurs, Openers & No. Virginian Rednecks

Started by MDS, August 31, 2017, 11:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

The thrill of victory and the agony of reading about it.

farging crybabies.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 10, 2017, 05:33:08 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on September 10, 2017, 05:12:48 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on September 10, 2017, 05:09:38 PM
Quote from: MDS on September 10, 2017, 05:05:33 PM
darby news is as good as it could be

an Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet  3m3 minutes ago
More
Sources: #Eagles CB Ronald Darby has suffered a dislocated right ankle. X-Rays were negative. MRI to check for ligament & tendon damage

Proftooball doc dude says if no surgery he may come back mid year

lol you are something else...but don't ever stop

Sidney jones save us

Explain yourself

What in your little world is wrong with what I said? It's what a former NFL team doctor said. Go have another LI

he's out for the year but I could probably get trumps doctor to make him probable for next week
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Geowhizzer

There is no game report like reading this thread after a game.

Wentz showed flashes of promise, but needs to become more consistent.  And those high throws have to stop.

But they won.  And thanks to Irma, I got to see the game.

Diomedes

I spent the day at Great Falls National Park with old friends I haven't seen in 12 years.  Some sad Washington faces on the roads coming back to Baltimore.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

My kids did the junior ranger thing and we had a picnic.  It was bangin.'
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

Maybe Wentz would be better at those deep throws if he had a small but amazingly fast receiver who could break away and get underneath anything he threw or if he settled the farg down in the pocket.

The man. The myth. The legend.

smeags

If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Rome

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

SD

Didn't bother reading this thread, some random thoughts:

- O line played like shtein in pass protection. Wentz rarely had a pocket and when he did it collapsed pretty fast. He reminds me a bit of Rodgers with how he rolls out and flicks it downfield.

- They're hurting at back. Blount had some massive holes but he lacks the speed and cut back ability to take the play to the next level. He's great at finishing a run and he can play a role on this team but I don't want him as an every down back. Smallwood goes down too easy. Maybe it's because it's game 1 and his instincts aren't on point but he didn't anticipate hits and looked confused where to go on blocking schemes. Sproles is still the man.

- DBs played well for the most part. Schwartz needs to adjust for the over the middle slant especially with tall receivers like Pryor. Mills had decent coverage but no chance when he's giving up that much height and weight. No reason he should have single coverage with open lanes to contend with. Credit to Gruden for exploiting that mismatch.

- Love having a WR like Jeffery where Wentz can just lob it up and he has a decent chance of making a grab. Even the 3rd and long when he launched it into the endzone and it almost got picked, I was fine with that decision.

- It was probably mentioned, but Doug calling a TO with 2:02 on the clock was Reidesqe. farging moron. Why call a risky trick play when you're driving down the field at will.

- Ertz...great hands, but still can't break a tackle to save his life. It's early but without Matthews taking up the middle I think this is finally his breakout season.

- Agholor - I was wrong, definitely looks like a different player. Lights on. I hope they use him deep a lot early because nobody is expecting much out of him...he catches a couple deep passes defenses now have something else to worry about for rest of the season. DJacks deep threat was just as important as his actual play.

- Wentz looked sloppy. It was game 1 and he was under duress and didn't get much reps in the preseason games so it's not a concern.

- D line. Not much needs to be said, they dominated.

- Kendricks preseason play has carried over to the regular season. Hicks played well. Bradham was rough.

- Great turnout by Eagles fans.

smeags

they certainly have some things to work on, but a week one divisional win is in the books. on to KC. 
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it