2013 Training Camp/Preseason Thread

Started by ice grillin you, June 26, 2013, 10:38:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: phillycrew on July 24, 2013, 02:07:18 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on July 24, 2013, 09:28:53 AM
wins and losses are crucial to me

clowney - teddy b or some other franchise type guy that could emerge is what you want

im not suggesting they tank....if they can make the playoffs im all for it.....but 7-9 or 6-10 would be worst fears realized

If he gets them to 6 or 7 wins, he may be able to get them to buy in.  If it is a dumpster fire 2-3 win season, he may lose the team.

if he loses a team after one stinking season then he shouldnt be a coach in the nfl and a two win season would be preferred as that would hasten his departure from the league

in other words players are not going to judge the coach by a win total...hes going to be judged by his coaching persona, philosophies and command...in fact if hes completely inept and a douche then he might lose the team before they ever play a game....see steve spurrier....but if hes a competant leader and shows he has a command of the job they could win one game while he gains the respect of the team....see jimmy johnson
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagles_Legendz

I am cautiously optimistic about Kelly at this point despite the history pointing against likelihood of success.

Don Ho

Quote from: Sgt PSN on July 24, 2013, 11:10:26 AM
If Vick is the opening day starter, I go right back to total indifference.

Pretty much the general consensus around here.  The injured turnover machine show has gotten old.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SunMo

there is absolutely nothing that could happen that would make me indifferent about this year.

vick, foles, barkley, farging jeff kemp...i'm excited for a new era to begin.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Rome on July 24, 2013, 01:55:51 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on July 24, 2013, 11:10:26 AM
If Vick is the opening day starter, I go right back to total indifference.

Maybe you and Dio could get together for some errands on game days?

I'll be too busy critiquing DeSean Jackson's rap videos. 

General_Failure

Quote from: SunMo on July 24, 2013, 04:11:18 PM
there is absolutely nothing that could happen that would make me indifferent about this year.

vick, foles, barkley, farging jeff kemp...i'm excited for a new era to begin.

I'm in this boat. Whatever dumb shtein happens will be entirely new shtein, and that's all I want.

The man. The myth. The legend.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Chameleon

Quote from: ice grillin you on July 24, 2013, 07:09:17 AM
Quote from: Chameleon on July 24, 2013, 01:03:20 AM
This isn't baseball. We don't know what we have yet. The presumption that this team is going to suck is equally as irrational as the positive preseason expectations of the past 2 years. This team still has tons of talent on offense. If the offensive line congeals the birds could easily compete for the division.

i understand your optimism...most fans overrate their team in training camp...but the eagles could have the hogs in their prime as their offensive line and it wouldnt matter because they dont have a qb that will allow them to compete for the division (nor the defense which is a complete train wreck)

one of these things is not like the others.....

manning
griffin
romo
fickley

I'm going to go with Manning. 2x Super Bowl Champion,  2x Super Bowl MVP, unbeatable pedigree.

Andy Reid had no clue how to effectively use Vick. Before the bye last year the Eagles appeared to be the most talented team in the league even with a 3-3 record. Post bye everything fell into pieces. There is a new captain of the ship. He knows how to use a Quarterback with mobility. It's worth giving Vick one more go.

I don't think I am being overly optimistic. I'm just not saying: rabble, rabble, rabble, the eagles are going to suck.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Chameleon on July 24, 2013, 05:25:09 PM
I don't think I am being overly optimistic. I'm just not saying: rabble, rabble, rabble, the eagles are going to suck.

theres a word for people who get upset at other people who predict that a zesty eagles team might suck

Quote from: General_Failure on July 24, 2013, 04:44:01 PM
I'm in this boat. Whatever dumb shtein happens will be entirely new shtein, and that's all I want.

actually sounds like you are 100% indifferent......you just moved there from hatred so to you if probably feels like excitement
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

It could be, but I think there's more than a little excitement. Andy's gone, and that's a big fargin' win already. Until Chip spends ten years losing in the playoffs goes back to college football, there's a chance, however small, of this team eventually winning a superbowl.

BigEd76

Interesting way to teach the OL how to guard a 3-4

Rome's boy clogging up the middle there

Rome

Those cans might be better than our starters.   Might.

BigEd76

Don Ho

Smoothies, Bill Nye the science guy, numbered garbage cans, in Chip we trust!
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

General_Failure

I'd give it all up for one more season of skiers, banjo players, missionaries, and magicians.