Game of Thrones

Started by Diomedes, February 24, 2013, 07:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smeags

Does everyone here know where Jamie is going in the show? Don't wanna spoil anything.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

rjs246

No clue but I'm happy to not read this thread ever again so go nuts.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Munson

Your miserable attitude is refreshing. You must be a Northerner.

I have no idea where Jaime is going. I do know that everyone is saying they may be changing his story to take the place of another character in the books that hasn't been introduced yet. They've done that with a lot of characters, so it makes sense. I still have no idea what any of it means, though.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

smeags

I have heard a couple different angles. One that got me thinking from another board was the idea that he goes to dorn for his niece. Would make for some interesting situations for sure but how would get out the alive
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Munson

Going tomorrow night at 10PM to catch eps 9 and 10 in IMAX and then see the trailer. :yay
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Eagles_Legendz

Heard it was pretty impressive in IMAX.

edited, HD version of season 5 trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0pLbTXPHng&x-yt-cl=85114404&x-yt-ts=1422579428

Seabiscuit36

I saw exactly zero titties, boorring
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Munson

Refusing to watch until after I see tonight's.

Watchers On the Wall is going to be awesome in IMAX.

A couple I'm friends with were way behind finally decided to catch up. The guy had the Red Wedding spoiled for him, but the girl did not, so she expierienced the Red Wedding and Oberyn vs. The Mountain in about a 3 week span lol. But they timed it perfectly and finished up S4ep8 last week, so they're gonna see 9 and 10 for the first time in IMAX.

Munson

Some reactions to the trailer...

[spoiler]
-Bronn and Jaime together, looks like in Dorne. I would imagine Jaime is going there on a peacekeeping mission after Oberyn was killed, but Bronn's doing some fighting and it looks like Jaime is too.

-I was surprised at how much Ellaria there was in this trailer. We saw her two or three times very quickly...I thought the Sand Snake daughters we'd be meeting weren't her daughters, but Oberyns older ones from different women. But I guess they all loved Oberyn and all want some sort of revenge. Speaking of the Sand Snakes, no idea who's head is stuck in the sand there when one of them whips that bucket and Ellaria is standing there. Someone from Kings Landing that they're taking out their anger on?

-Holy shtein at Varys telling Tyrion he wants him to help Dany. I mean, my guess was that's where Tyrion's story was heading, but didn't think it'd be so direct or so quickly stated. Also kind of assumed Varys would stay in Essos, but surprised by it all the same. His disappearing along with Tyrion would probably mean he gets blamed for Tywin's death, so he kind of loses that inside line to the Red Keep that he had. Makes it harder for him to help Dany...

-Speaking of Dany, what the farg is going on. Mereen looks like it's falling apart, meanwhile she's in an arena surrounded by her unsullied, who are in turn surrounded by a lot of angry looking people with weapons and wearing gold masks...

-...and in that circle is Jorah, but I don't spot Ser Barristan. WTF is going on? Jorah was also fighting somebody one on one earlier in the trailer it appeared.

-I can't tell if Stannis is staying at the wall or what. It almost looks like Jon leads a host of free folk against a town of free folk. No idea how that's happening. Speaking of the North, the pictures posted show Roose and Ramsay and Fat Walda standing as if they're greeting someone, a noble of some sort. Who the hell is going to Winterfell at this point that's worth Roose greeting peacefully? The pictures they released on their facebook also show Stannis holding court with Jon and Ser Davos. The Wall might end up being my favorite story line this year.

-No idea at all what's going on with Arya or Sansa. Zero. I mean I know what I assume Arya is doing, going to the Faceless Men to find Jaqen and maybe train or something...but the previews gave us very little to guess her story, IMO.

-The "gift" that is opening in front of Cersei...a Red Viper. Doran sending some messages? Ellaria? the Sand Snakes?

-Lady Olena saying to someone unknown "They'll never even find what's left of you." Who is in Highgarden that she is threatening? Or did she go back to King's Landing?

-Drogon looks huge...and that was only his head. Wonder how Dany's gonna get him under control, if she can.[/spoiler]

Munson

Eagles_Legendz

Other one was ok but that's how you do a trailer for the season.

Munson

Love hearing [spoiler]Roose confirm my suspicions for this season. Hoping for some swift, Stannis-like justice being brought down on him.[/spoiler] Not as happy hearing [spoiler]Dany still hating on the Starks. Her view of them is so skewed. However, i don't blame her for bringing hate to all the houses equally. I'm hoping Varys vouches for Ned, saying he was the only one who advised against killing Dany[/spoiler]

Eagles_Legendz

Debuts Sunday. 

Accidentally found out today that 3 characters who are still alive in the books are all offed within the first four episodes sent to critics as screeners.  Oops.

Munson

Jesus. Gonna be a bloody start to the season it sounds like.

There's still a lot of 'minor' characters that could bite it.

In the trailer we saw his wife Selyse looking super upset and crying on the ground....Really hope that bitch Melisandre doesn't try to sacrifice Shireen. I think it would be a huge tactical mistake for Stannis to allow that at Castle Black, the Watch and I'm sure many others would not go for a King who kills his own daughter.

But I think we're gonna have to see a character or two at the wall go. Just hopefully not Shireen.

I still don't like that we can't see Ser Barristan in the trailer shots of Dany getting surrounded by the crazy gold masked people. I hope he hasn't bit the dust yet.

Eagles_Legendz

None of the 3 are minor.  Wouldn't say they were major per se but they're all more than bit roles.  The third one though there seems to be some conflicting reports between dead and severely wounded.