Game of Thrones

Started by Diomedes, February 24, 2013, 07:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

QB Eagles

Lena Headey's naked body is in some movies. That body last night was clearly not hers. Tyene wins.

phattymatty

i enjoyed the two episodes before the finale but i think overall it's pretty dumb. instead of dedicating 6-8 minutes of 19 different plot lines and doing it bad why not just focus on a few and make them awesome. easier said then done sure but the show has never really grabbed me like most people.

i literally laughed out loud last night when the girl said "you want a nice girl but you need the bad Hoyda." i imagine two writers standing up and high fiving each other after that gem.

Eagles_Legendz

You can't make an adaptation of the series that way unless you want characters in 1-2 episodes a season.  It's just what the source material mandates. Theoretically as we come down to the last 2-2.5 seasons you're going to get story compression as things converge.

Beermonkey

Quote from: phattymatty on June 15, 2015, 05:52:09 PM
i literally laughed out loud last night when the girl said "you want a nice girl but you need the bad Hoyda." i imagine two writers standing up and high fiving each other after that gem.

I told my wife that my goal is to somehow use that phrase in real life at some point.

Zanshin

That's a staple of my daily conversation. Has been for years. I'm suing.

Munson

I'm having trouble coming to grips with the reason for Jon's death, if he's really dead.

He seemed, up until this point, vitally important to the overall story. Even though I bought into Mel's prophecies on Stannis being the Lord of Light's chosen, I can still see it being false....but only because I figured Jon would be the true Azor Ahai and all that. It just doesn't make sense to me that he's dead if Stannis is also dead.

He just makes too much sense to be one of the important pieces of the whole story to be dead. I figured he and Dany would be the two most important characters in the entire story when it was all said and done. Though, I guess it is possible Bran is the true 'hero' of the story, for lack of a better term. He is the first POV character and I believe I read an interview where GRRM said ASOIAF started with his idea of Bran watching an execution.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

hbionic

Jon's death was anti-climactic. It came out of nowhere, almost like, "Oh shtein, it's the last episode and we forgot to kill someone off".

Maybe the red witch was brought in to make people think he's coming back, but he's really not. Maybe Stannis comes back as well. Either way, I'm all-in on Tyrion Lannister, if he dies...well...so may my interest.

Loved the dialogue between the Tyrion and Lord Varys in that episode.

Time to go look for some bad Hoyda. 
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

smeags

Quote from: hbionic on June 16, 2015, 02:30:50 AM
Loved the dialogue between the Tyrion and Lord Varys in that episode.

the scenes between those two are always some of best in the show.

personally i do not believe jon is gone for good. to help keep his future a secret until next season i think they may have already filmed his scenes from the 1st couple of episodes for next year. that way harrington is not on set until after the premiere.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Eagles_Legendz

They film the whole season in the late summer/fall.   It just makes no sense narratively or as a storytelling device for him to be dead.  I just think they need to go through the song and dance for now or else the cliffhanger has no teeth.

smeags

resurection seems to be the only avenue. the red witch has always looked at jon as the future IMO. maybe i am off on that but i get that feeling.

btw - am i the only one, that for a moment, was waiting for him to open his eyes and see that he became a white walker ??
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

QB Eagles

So what episode next season are you guys panicking if he's not back yet?

And no, the next book won't be out either. Be realistic.

Eagles_Legendz

it's all about how it's handled.  if they light him on fire and he burns or whatever in episode 1 then that's it - but i expect him revived by episode 1, unless they skip the wall episode 1 and do it episode 2...there are a billion narrative reasons expressed why he has to come back (and not just because I enjoyed the character this season, but because it would be awful storytelling with the whole thing about his parents / Mel getting to the wall etc).

Munson

Yeah like, I can't see how GRRM would build up all this shtein about his background (allegedly) just to kill the character off and not have him play a major role in the overall story arch. It just doesn't make any goddamn sense. Bran would have to be some major type hero to even make it work...otherwise, concentrating on the Starks at all was a huge waste of time.
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

QB Eagles

My theory is that the red woman is a red herring. Too damn obvious. Plus since when is she Thoros? Plus if she's going to resurrect a dead guy who she thinks is Azor Ahai, why Jon instead of the Mannis she rode in on? I don't even get why Davos wouldn't slit Mel's throat within 2 seconds of finding out that the Baratheons are all dead.

If they bring him back it'll be some Bran greenseer Children of the Forest old gods horseshtein.

D&D have shown reluctance in bringing people back to life, though. And for good reason. It's cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesy.

Plus they're probably going to bring back the Hound and who knows what other left-for-dead characters, and continually playing that card gets more tiresome on a TV show than it does in 7000 pages of fantasy novel.

Munson

QuoteAny chance he could be resurrected by Melisandre, who returned to Castle Black?

That's not my concern. My concern was to take care of Jon Snow, and he's now deader than dead.
Interview with David Nutter, director of episode 10.

You could take that as Jon is definitely dead....or that he's stepping around the question because Jon will be coming back as someone else *cough* Azor Ahai *cough*