The Coaching Search Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, December 31, 2012, 07:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

eagles also offer horton revenge as they play arizona at the linc next year

they better get a DC and for that matter staff who has solid nfl experience because i cant see them getting getting an OC along those same lines since chippy is going to be the de facto OC...

they cant be assembling what is more or less a college coaching staff
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Actually, they can. And despite its importance to you, there isn't shtein you can do about it.

ice grillin you

they can if they want to lose a lot

PoopyfaceMcGee

Then you'll be able to say "I told you so" to all of us, and we can go back through all this coaching search fun yet again. Sounds like a win-farging-win to me.

ice grillin you

theres no i told you so here....my position is the easy one....you guys will be able to say i told you so if hes successful because what hes trying to do just doesnt ever happen

PoopyfaceMcGee

The Eagles winning a Lombardi has also never happened, so I guess it's literally impossible.

Should we switch teams, or just take up a new hobby like model airplanes or knitting?

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 18, 2013, 09:03:33 AM
they can if they want to lose a lot

Shows what you know.  The Eagles just applied for membership in the Big 10. 

SunMo

i guess i'll always give something new a chance not just be negative about it right away.  i like change, i like something new and fresh.  he may bomb and i'll have been wrong...but i can't get mad about taking the chance.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PoopyfaceMcGee on January 18, 2013, 09:35:24 AM
The Eagles winning a Lombardi has also never happened, so I guess it's literally impossible.

Should we switch teams, or just take up a new hobby like model airplanes or knitting?

as usual completely missing the point...no one said it couldnt happen its just very unlikely...meaning you are on the cutting edge here saying that hes going to be a good coach...if thats really what you were saying rather than matter who the eagles hire its a great get

and trust me the eagles are not your hobby...computers maybe...facebook?...guns?...money?...but definitely not sports

Sgt PSN

Quote from: SunMo on January 18, 2013, 09:49:56 AM
i guess i'll always give something new a chance not just be negative about it right away.  i like change, i like something new and fresh.  he may bomb and i'll have been wrong...but i can't get mad about taking the chance.

I'll give it a chance.  I'm excited about having a new coach and hopefully a completely new philosophy and energy.  But my problem isn't that I don't think Kelly will work.  If they interviewed him 2 weeks ago and he took the job right away, fine.  I still wouldn't be overly excited about Kelly because I don't think he's the best choice (was never on the bandwagon in the first place), but whatever.  The way the entire thing went down has completely turned me off on Kelly as a person more so than as a coach. 

The Eagles interviewed him.  He said he was staying in college.  Then when the Eagles were on the verge or hiring someone else, Chip reinserts himself into the discussion and gets the job. 

You know who does that?  Snobby, self centered teenage girls.  A boy shows an enormous amount of interest and asks her to the prom.  She says no, she already has a date.  Boy says, cool and is ready to ask someone else to go.  Girl gets mad because she is being ignored and throws herself at him.  He seems like a diva to me.     

rjs246

Quote from: SunMo on January 18, 2013, 09:49:56 AM

I think everyone feels exactly the same way, but personally, I've had 14 years of 'offensive genius smarter than everyone' coaching and I want a new identity for this team. A hard nosed, defense first, run the ball on offense team. Gus Bradley was available and on the verge of signing and represented exactly what I was looking for, at least in theory. So to have things play out this way is farging frustrating and I am perfectly happy taking my frustration out on a dude named Chip. Because he's almost definitely a douche. And a communist. And a child molester. You heard it here first.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

no one is giving him or not giving him a chance....hes the coach no matter what and we all hope he succeeds...but that doesnt there cant be criticism of the hire

there was certainly no guarantee gus bradley was going to be a great coach...but he was a coin flip at least....taking a college coach who has never even sniffed the nfl and now has to now change his own system to fit pro football is putting yourself behind the eight ball for no reason imo

i agree with rjs...gimme a smashmouth defensive guy like gus where you have much less margin for error...then you let him hire a respected NFL ready OC to run the offense...

what you have now is a coach whos going to try and run an offense thats has been successful for about five minutes in the nfl and has howie dropping cream pies in his fruit of the looms...the wildcat was also all the rage a couple years ago...where is that now?...what happens when the read option is figured out by DC's (btw gus bradley has already figured it out) where will that leave chippy?

i hope to god im wrong but i see this flaming out in about three years and then the eagles having to start over again...at least with a gus even if he failed he still probably coaches out his deal and leaves the team in a better place than where its gonna be left if chippy bombs

another big concern is the coaching staff as a whole...two hires so far - two guys who have never coached in the nfl

long way to go but because chip is not an nfl guy...hes a loner college football junkie i worry whether he has the cache and influence to get any respected veteran nfl ready people to put on his staff...not saying it wont happen because people will do anything if you pay them enough but its a huge concern to me....the eagles right now feel like a college or nfl minor league team...is anyone confident that the staff they throw together is going to outcoach the staffs of a mike shanahan or tom coughlin?....get me a ray horton please

DH

ok, everyone please stop with this gus shtein. none of us had ever heard of him 2 months ago, so this hero worship is just beyond silly.

ice grillin you

you cant listen to gus for even 60 seconds without falling in love with him

will he be a good coach who knows.....but hes a sick cat and id give my left leg to go to war with him

rjs246

Quote from: DH on January 18, 2013, 10:33:18 AM
ok, everyone please stop with this gus shtein. none of us had ever heard of him 2 months ago, so this hero worship is just beyond silly.

Sure, if you had asked me two months ago 'Who is Gus Bradley?' I wouldn't have known. If you had asked me 'Would you like the defensive coordinator of the Seattle Seahawks to coach the Eagles' defense?' the answer would have been a resounding 'farg yes'.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.