Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

im not sure where you are going with this but you completely missed my point
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 07, 2013, 03:31:27 PM
you are assuming they would even be able to get a king type free agent over the yankees red sox ect...

other than thome who they were competing for with cleveland all their money has been spent on their own players or they have traded for guys

that was plan to make them good again..save up money and throw as much as possible at king. wasnt assuming anything.

to counterpoint your second thing when is the last time they went all in on a big time FA? like offered the moon for him and were turned down?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

in the bank era they have only gone all in on one free agent ever and that was thome...which is my point

i have no doubt they will throw huge money at a free agent one day...the question is if its a top tier guy like a king will they throw more than the true big market franchises...that is yet to be known

BigEd76

Forgot about Cliff already, or are you only counting guys where the media constantly reminded us the Phils were going after them?

ice grillin you

he took less because he had played here and loved it....which i guess could happen again...but  probably not very often

MDS

well the king thing is moot...he aint hitting the market

the next one to really think about is trout, but hes had 1 good year and is like 6 years away. but come on home big fella.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

he will be hollywooditized long before then

LA bidding war for him

MDS

im holding out hope he stays true to delaware valley...unlike that twat kobe he was born and bred at the vet.