Social Media

Started by Diomedes, July 18, 2011, 04:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 25, 2014, 07:18:10 AMsome people dont want their email address out there for everyone to see....others dont want a hundred unfunny possibly nsfw reply alls

Why would anyone want their email address disseminated more than absolutely necessary?  Who does want a hundred funny or not reply alls?  Put everyone in blind copy...what's so farging hard to understand about this?

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 25, 2014, 08:13:35 AMI don't understand Dio's rant.

There is only one legit use for the blind copy.

legit: mass email.  send message to yourself, blind copy everyone else.  everyone gets the message, everyone knows who sent it.  no one's email adress is reveal to anyone else.  no one has to look at a long list of email adresses in the body of the messgae.  etc.  if you send mass emails and list everyone in the "to" or "cc" field, you are an icehole and should expire posthaste

not legit:  all over uses.  principally, being sneaky...send a note to some people but blind copy others, so that the people whose receipt is visible don't know that someone else got the message too, while the blind copied people know the full distribution.  dick move, counter productive, don't do it.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

I use it when a customer e-mails bitching about problems...I reply to the customer and BCC my boss. Other than that? No.

ice grillin you

i use it as a fleshpop move and to be sneaky
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Diomedes

Everything you do is to be a fleshpop.  Antagonism is your thing.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Susquehanna Birder

Looks like somebody needs to make the jump to manjam.com.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

I don't understand that.

PhillyPhreak54

I understand it as they find dumbfargs who post pics of their credit cards online and then post them for all to see

Diomedes

People have too much idle time.

Seabiscuit36

in some cases it's the shteinheads posting them directly, and they'll later attempt to claim they were victims of fraud. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Sgt PSN

My nana is 84 yrs old and got on Facebook a few months ago. She just shared a pic from Tommy Chong with the "lucky bud."  Not sure if she's just easily confused by Internet stuff or if I should ask her to spark up next time I see her.

smeags

Who the farg is tommy chung ?
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

Sgt PSN

Edited for your clarification because the obvious typo was obviously not so obvious.

General_Failure

I was wondering what Timmy Chang was up to.

The man. The myth. The legend.