2010-11 College Basketball Thread

Started by phattymatty, November 08, 2010, 04:40:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 14, 2011, 03:32:35 PM
Quote from: MDS on March 14, 2011, 01:09:47 PM
does anyone remember who the big snubbed teams of 2005 were?

anyone?

good.

now shut up

people will front and google it...but if everyone here were honest they would admit they dont know who won it all in 2005...so im not sure what your point is

further proves my point, actually

no one really remembers any of this stuff. the ncaa tournament is a fun couple of days of watching lots of hoops and mindlessly gambling. nothing more, nothing less. in the end unless you get a duke/butler situation the ending is fairly anti climactic.

but at least its decided on the court and not by a calculator 
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i dont see you having a point....at least not one that makes any sense

no one should discuss selection sunday....is that it?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

no, you can discuss it

but its a pointless circle of ooo colorado should be in not vcu when 99% of the people talking havent anyseen either of them play and couldnt tell you the first thing about the logistics of caa scheduling and recruiting

all of those teams are gonna be gone by sunday anyway. if you feel bad for some senior on colorado because he wont get to "experience" the ncaa tournament (which is terrible to go to btw) then alright. youre a complete Hoyda but alright.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Eagles_Legendz

UNC won in 05.  They beat Nova in the Sweet 16 that year on the bogus (not just saying this, but literally was bogus) Allan Ray travel call with 10 seconds left.

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on March 14, 2011, 05:26:04 PM
no, you can discuss it

but its a pointless circle of ooo colorado should be in not vcu when 99% of the people talking havent anyseen either of them play and couldnt tell you the first thing about the logistics of caa scheduling and recruiting

all of those teams are gonna be gone by sunday anyway. if you feel bad for some senior on colorado because he wont get to "experience" the ncaa tournament (which is terrible to go to btw) then alright. youre a complete Hoyda but alright.

no one feels bad for them and no one has to have seen any of the teams (uab - vcu - col) to know it was arguably the all time worst snub/inclusion in tourney history

its simply selection sunday talk...again what is your point?...the entire reason for having selection sunday is that kind of discussion....seems to me you are being an idiot just to be one

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 14, 2011, 09:54:01 PM
seems to me you are being an idiot just to be one

That's kind of his shtick.

MDS

you lost me in hyperbole of colorado being the biggest snub in the history of mankind civilization ever ever ever routine

bla bla bla bla glen falls jimmer bla bla bla bla

ice grillin you

uab over colorado is easily the biggest disgrace of any selection sunday in history...you cant name one worse so i wont ask...but name one that even comes close

of course you are claiming it to be hyperbole when five posts ago you admitted you couldnt remember any snubs that have ever happened so im not sure why im even asking you

MDS

lol

my point is no one can remember any of the snubs with the exception of the fan bases from that team. i can vividly remember temple getting jobbed twice in seeding (2000 they were 2 and should have been a 1...last year they were 5 and should have been a 3 or a 4). but im the only person who remembers that or gives a shtein.

its like talking about being not making the all star team in baseball.

and since were on the subject of hyperbole penn st has to the be the worst 10 seed of all time. and this has to be the weakest tourney field of all time. and i have the biggest cock of all time.

ice grillin you

this is the worst tourney field of all time (good year to expand the field by the way) but i dont think we should talk about it since no one will remember it in two years

MDS

well lets wait until actually games are being played, then the conversation will actually be interesting

right now, this predictably awful tangent between you and me aside, its about as interesting as an episode of the king of queens

and in terms of sports debates theres a big difference between debating who is really number 1 college football and who is really number 39 in college basketball. everyone can watch alabama and tcu and oregon. nobody watches vcu and colorado and clemson. you can still have it but its full of generalities and mimics exactly what jay bilas just said.

ice grillin you

sunday to thursday talk is almost always better than the actual tournament

MDS

oh my god that may be the most off base thing youve ever said

the who's number 1 talk >>>> actual bowl games

but buzzer beaters and upsets or not 4 endless days of hoops >>>>> talking about stuff

ice grillin you

Quote from: MDS on March 14, 2011, 11:02:31 PM
the who's number 1 talk >>>> actual bowl games

totally agree with this...its what makes cfb the best sport in the world....they have like 10 weeks of playoffs

Quote from: MDS on March 14, 2011, 11:02:31 PM
but buzzer beaters and upsets or not 4 endless days of hoops >>>>> talking about stuff

theres like one buzzer beater per tournament....if that...buzzer beaters are what the media wants you to think the tournament is all about...when what you really need to hope for is that there are a few epic games thru out the 63

Eagles_Legendz

Air Force getting in a few years ago when they weren't even on anyone's first four out list was the worst inclusion of all time.  They got pummeled in the first round too.  Colorado was snubbed but I don't remember being as floored by it as when Air Force was let in.