2010-11 College Basketball Thread

Started by phattymatty, November 08, 2010, 04:40:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 18, 2011, 12:27:19 PM
i dont know what shines a bigger light on the weakness of cbb this year...temple possibly being a four seed or richmond making the tournament...adding MORE teams to the tournament is definitely what they needed...can you imagine if they went to 128 like a lot of people wanted

Penn State wouldn't get the opportunity to be champs twice in three years! You can't spell Nittany without NIT!

MDS

Quote from: phillymic2000 on February 18, 2011, 12:28:06 PM
Quote from: MDS on February 18, 2011, 09:51:48 AM
Quote from: phillymic2000 on February 17, 2011, 08:43:23 PM
So is Temple's win tonight a statement win?

lol @ beating richmond beating a "statement win."

temple is a 4 or 5 seed at this point and 4 or 5 seeds arent supposed to be talk tough after beating something called richmond at home

but college ball is so watered down you get what you get

now if they beat duke then ill start getting wet in my undies

I was surprised they beat them that easily, but you clearly didn't get my sarcasm from the flyers thread, with the whole statement/important win thingy

yea i dont read the flyers thread and wouldnt even notice if i did

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 18, 2011, 12:27:19 PM
i dont know what shines a bigger light on the weakness of cbb this year...temple possibly being a four seed or richmond making the tournament...adding MORE teams to the tournament is definitely what they needed...can you imagine if they went to 128 like a lot of people wanted

its not just this year....this decade alone george mason and butler made final 4's and butler was an inch away from winning the title.

if you use last year as a basis temple was a top 15 team that won the a10 tourney and still was just a 5 seed....so using that logic this year they are a 7 or an 8 or something like that
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

george mason and butler show parity not weakness...they both deservingly made the tourney and had amazing underdog runs...thats what the tournament is all about

last couple years cbb has just been plain awful...the overall zestyness of the sport also takes away from a butler making it now because with no really good teams it changes the definition of 'upset' and limits the amount of true cinderellas there could be
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eagles_Legendz

I really like Nova, but Syracuse is getting jobbed by the refs tonight.

BigEd76

MDS

lol @ easy

shut up

TEMPLE DUKE WEDNESDAY 700 ITS ON
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Eagles_Legendz

ice grillin you

do fisher and stokes EVER play well in the same game?

SD

MDS

it will feel like march tomorrow when temple goes into a lame ass cameron and runs rat face kyrzkslsloisii's white bread team through the philly balling ghetto gauntlet

phillymic2000

I know they lost by double digits, but damn Fran had an awesome game plan for the owls tonight. They missed some easy shots early, but they paly with that intensity in the A-10 tourney. Its a 3 peat!

MDS

actually it would be a 4 peat

and watching this i wonder what fran could do if he wasnt getting 2nd rate talent

PoopyfaceMcGee

It's better than the 11th rate talent the football team hopes to get.

MDS

im not even sure if there is a proper analogy to describe the dropoff in the talent the sec gets to the talent temple gets 

ice grillin you

Quote from: phillymic2000 on February 23, 2011, 08:55:58 PM
I know they lost by double digits, but damn Fran had an awesome game plan for the owls tonight. They missed some easy shots early, but they paly with that intensity in the A-10 tourney. Its a 3 peat!

bwahahaha