2010-11 College Basketball Thread

Started by phattymatty, November 08, 2010, 04:40:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

phattymatty

wisconsin announced that classes are canceled tomorrow with like 7 minutes left in a 1 point game. so smart, the crowd got nuts.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Simmons:

QuoteQ: Just wondering your thoughts on Jimmer Fredette. Reading articles about him, scouts seem divided. What kind of pro do you think he'll make? Any comparable players to his style?
-- Nick McLain., Indianapolis

SG: Remember, as long as you have one elite skill, you can play in the NBA for 8-10 years. Jimmer can fill it. He won't be a bust. I see him landing somewhere between a homeless man's Mark Price and an extremely poor and almost destitute man's Stephen Curry. Could he eventually carry your second-team offense for six minutes per half? Yes. Could he thrive as a spot-up shooter on the right team? Yes. Would you have to hide him on defense at all times? Yes. Would it be fun to scream "JIMMER!" and watch him swish 28-foot 3-pointers? Yes. Would it be fun to have an NBA star whose name sounds like what they called an erection in 1920? Of course.

ice grillin you

steph curry is a scorer at the nba level...jimmer will be a shooter so theres no comparison there...

i think hes the classic case of where he goes will dtermine how he fares...on the right team i think he could be a steve kerr...but he could just as easily be steve alford
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

in the least there needs to be a presidential order that gus johnson does all his ncaa tourney games
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Indiana and Utah will fight to the death for the rights to draft him.

Him playing anywhere else would be unthinkable.

ice grillin you

why do i have a LIVE west coast high school game on tv but not arizona's triple OT game
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

reese125

jesus christ...rewind, play, rewind, play, rewind....

PoopyfaceMcGee

DH

crazy rutgers-nova ending last night

Sgt PSN

PoopyfaceMcGee

Sgt PSN