Brandon Graham, Philadelphia Eagle

Started by Diomedes, April 22, 2010, 09:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

Quote from: King Cole on April 22, 2010, 11:40:17 PM
Schefter is usually right on the money....

That's a phrase I have heard about 10 times in the last two months when talking about something he got dead wrong, again.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Just listened to Spadaro's hard-hitting interview with Andy.  Coach did indeed use the word "fastballs."

Diomedes

our teevee remote has more to fear from my son than NFL quarterbacks have to fear from Brandon Graham

http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/YapofJixZ5c&feature=channel
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PoopyfaceMcGee

McShay is piggybacking on Schefter: "Don't be surprised if he wins 2009 Defensive rookie of the year!"  K.

General_Failure

See, I'd believe them if they said he'd make the Pro Bowl. I think the ghost of Reggie White got a couple of write in votes last year and almost made it thanks to injuries.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: Diomedes on April 23, 2010, 09:02:04 AM
our teevee remote has more to fear from my son than NFL quarterbacks have to fear from Brandon Graham

http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/YapofJixZ5c&feature=channel

Awesome. Now the fun begins. They're easy as shtein when you put them somewhere, and they stay there.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

PhillyGirl

The hate coming from some of you is preposterous.

Some of the same who shoot me down when I talk about what a joke Kolb is as the starting QB for the future.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

phattymatty

i'm ok with this pick.  i would have preferred thomas as i think he could be a stud for a very long time but i saw a lot of michigan games this year and dood is good.  he and cole could be a good to great pair of ends together.  i can't believe they had to give up both 3s though. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

I like how PG waited until the board had a bit of consensus, then pounced to play devil's advocate.  Well done.

PhillyGirl

Wrong, FF. I wasn't online at all until after the first round was over.

but thanks.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

phillycrew

I would have preferred Morgan.  I am done with trying to convert a LB to DE.  How about a DE as a DE?  If they get Mays I will be okay with passing on Thomas.

SD

The more I watch highlights of Graham the more I hope he adds 10-15 lbs. He's already a good edge rusher, but the difference between a college RT and pro RT is night and day. The whole 'is weak at the point of attack' is a scary thought.

phattymatty

PoopyfaceMcGee

For what it's worth, every clip I've seen of Graham has him lined up with his hand on the ground.  Most of the pundits called him the most NFL-ready pass rusher in the draft, and many are calling him the best.  So, he's a defensive end who will be playing defensive end.

This reminds me of when they drafted Gocong - almost all of his highlights were coming off the edge, usually with his hand on the ground as a DE.  Then, the Eagles turn him into a strong-side linebacker (or attempt to).  We saw how that worked out.

So, frankly, I'm just glad that they are going to use a guy at what he's good at and not try to make him into something he's not.  Go team.

mussa

Quote from: FastFreddie on April 23, 2010, 09:13:50 AM
I like how PG waited until the board had a bit of consensus, then pounced to play devil's advocate.  Well done.
it was much better when you were gone.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"