Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

feels forced j

dickey was throwing strikes and the phils were getting no contact. Really great pitching, gotta tip your hat
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

people will blame the offense but the mets had one run....like i said nicole blinked like he always does and ra fleshpopey beat him...it wasnt like it was 4-0
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on August 13, 2010, 09:24:52 PM
There he is.

Indefensible.

hes definitely passed you in eagle homerdom...its really not even close

MDS

i realize dickey isnt nolan ryan but heres a quick story:

so ryan is facing some whatever team. first batter of the game is up. 3 or 4 pitches later hes in the dugout. as hes putting his helmet and bat away he says "not today, boys." sure enough ryan would shut them out and allow like 1 or 2 baserunners.

the point? sometimes a pitcher is just on top of his game dominant and unless a lot of luck goes your way you're not scoring a run. that was the case tonight. they needed an error or to perfectly manufacture something (and this is not that kind of team) to get a run. they werent stringing a bunch of hits and walks together. dickey was throwing strikes and the ball wasnt going anywhere when the phillies swung. baseballs not a complicated game but when that happens, what can you do? be patient and get called out on strikes? he had great control. hes been a great pitcher all year.

the bigger picture is hopefully this wont open the door for the prolonged offensive slump they had in may, remember dickey shut them down then they couldnt score a run for a month. and whats even more weird is now a mediocre team has shut them up 5 different times this season. not a whole lot makes sense in baseball...

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

LBIggle

simply amazing. hamels is allowed to give up one run.  the offense isn't allowed to only have one hit.  and technically they really didn't.

ice grillin you

Quote from: LBIggle on August 13, 2010, 09:33:47 PM
simply amazing. hamels is allowed to give up one run.  the offense isn't allowed to only have one hit.  and technically they really didn't.

actually tonight he wasnt allowed to give up one run...either was dickey...one gave up the run one didnt...end of story

if the mets scored 3 4 or 5 it would be a different story

but for tonight cole has to get them to the bullpen and take their chances...it wasnt by a lot and he pitched a great farging game but the fact remains he didnt pitch well enough and was outpitched by some farging circus act named ra fleshpopey

MDS

that 'circus act' is one reason why ill lose in the fantasy playoffs while you wont even make them

ice grillin you

Quote from: KDS on August 13, 2010, 09:40:29 PM
that 'circus act' is one reason why ill lose in the fantasy playoffs while you wont even make them

thats to bad because i could have sent you my entry fee to offset some of the 50 piece you will be owing me

MDS

brandon webb is never coming back, brennan boesch is terrible now and i just lost kevin youkilis

i peaked in june.

but actually with the phils i agree with your hamels take. hes gotten into these battles now 2 weeks in a row, knowing he couldnt let up a run, and let one up. all this tells us is that hes not roy halladay.

QB Eagles

i take the long view on this one

game was zesty but will be forgotten. it happens.

but it's another one-hitter for the mess. something like the 35th one? in any case, long term, this game will only be remembered for enhancing the aura of mets no-hit futility. if it has to be an ugly loss, it might as well be one like that.

PoopyfaceMcGee

MDS

utley playing for clearwater tonight, should be back midweek

dood is nuts

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

lol...lil guy has even stared into the utley swirley lolipop....the transformation is something to behold