Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Quote from: KDS on April 10, 2010, 09:27:32 PM
at this point this lee prospects might come in handy cause they probably need to go get heath bell

the reason for getting prospects wasnt to make trades it was because they needed a future...trading these guys at this deadline would defeat that purpose...or are you saying youd rather have heath bell at the trade deadline than cliff lee for the whole season
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

of course not

but now since amaro "replenished" the farm system with his stupid lee trade he should be able to justify giving up a few (not necessarily the ones they got for lee) to get an actual closer.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

haha....not going to happen...according to you he got those prospects to fill in for veterans who would be leaving in a few years...not to trade for people this year

mpmcgraw

Ryan Madson is nasty.  no worries.

ice grillin you

phillies offense is insane

they yawn and a seven piece goes up on the board

Geowhizzer

I think Schneider wants to use his bat on the homeplate umpire.  Twice he was rung up on at best borderline pitches.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

MDS

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 10, 2010, 09:54:28 PM
haha....not going to happen...according to you he got those prospects to fill in for veterans who would be leaving in a few years...not to trade for people this year

yea but he didnt figure lidge would be as unusable he appears to be

and i think we all know madson is not going to be closing down playoff games

so he really has no choice but to get bell or soria or whatever closer he can.

of course if hamels bitches out again this year i could be the closer and it wouldnt make one iota of a difference
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

Quote from: KDS on April 10, 2010, 10:00:34 PM

lolol...could you be farther up rubes ass...i havent seen this kind of love since phreak used donovan as a head cushion

there isnt anyone on the planet that counted on lidge for this year much less the gm of the team

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 10, 2010, 10:03:21 PM
Quote from: KDS on April 10, 2010, 10:00:34 PM

lolol...could you be farther up rubes ass...i havent seen this kind of love since phreak used donovan as a head cushion

there isnt anyone on the planet that counted on lidge for this year much less the gm of the team

lol...

So both Moyer and Kendrick had less than stellar starts this week. Hopefully Heavy B comes back healthy and can help solidify the rotation. Need him and Nicole to steo it up.

I'm not worried about Lidge; he'll be fine

ice grillin you

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 10, 2010, 10:08:03 PM
I'm not worried about Lidge; he'll be fine

haha...i would expect nothing less...and in fact would get pretty god damn upset if it was

PhillyPhreak54

Madson....what a scrote. Put these iceholes away.

Geowhizzer

mpmcgraw

ice grillin you

madson is such a different guy at closer....i dont get why that position is so much different than holding a lead in the 8th...just farging get three guys out