Phillies 2010 Season Thread

Started by SunMo, March 31, 2010, 06:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

time warner extra innings gives you both options on mondays and thursdays when there are less games and they have the extra channels, otherwise its just one, and most of the time its on the non-phillies group.

but on a good note, i wasnt billed for extra innings this month. so, i just might get this thing for free.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Seabiscuit36

holy farg this ump is squeezing nicole.  Its not a strike unless is right dead center of the plate
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Sgt PSN

He seems to have a fairly wide strike zone, especially to rhb, but not much room to work high in the zone. 

Nice to see Heidi nut up after walking the first 2 batters that inning. 

Sgt PSN

LOL....so he follows that up by walking the pitcher to start the inning and then gives up 2 singles.  Bases loaded, no out. 

LBIggle

can't see, updates on max vaginas impending meltdown appreciated

Sgt PSN

It's no longer pending....couple more singles, 3r scored.  Runners on 1st and 2nd, still no out. 

LBIggle

LBIggle

his Hoyda must still be sore from when the fan ran on the field

Rome

He squeaked out of it still with the lead.

LBIggle

MDS

he is not nor was ever the ace

hes a 2/3 and he pitched like it

lower your expectations and you wont cry like little bitches over a mediocre outing in may
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

hey stupid... he was the mvp of the world series and the undisputed ace of the staff just two years ago.

Sgt PSN

If you think his performance today is what a #2 or even a #3 should consistently look like, then you are by far the least baseball smart person on this board. 

5IP, 8H, 3ER, 4BB is not what you look for from the #2 or #3 starter.   

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Rome on May 09, 2010, 03:46:08 PM
hey stupid... he was the mvp of the world series and the undisputed ace of the staff just two years ago.

He went 14-10 in 08.  Hardly "ace" material.  That said, he's not even pitching anywhere near that level right now. 

MDS

Quote from: Sgt PSN on May 09, 2010, 03:47:58 PM
If you think his performance today is what a #2 or even a #3 should consistently look like, then you are by far the least baseball smart person on this board. 

5IP, 8H, 3ER, 4BB is not what you look for from the #2 or #3 starter.   

well of course not today, but he pitched pretty well on tuesday

not every start is going to be effective for hamels. hes too much of a little mental Hoyda to be consistent. he gets rattled way too easily.

overall his numbers should even out to someone who works as a fairly solid middle of the rotation guy. since halladay is a cy young candidate, he can pass as a 2. most teams would be happy to have hamels as their 2. im not trying to make the guy out to be better than he is, but you need to realize hes not ever going to win a cy young, hes not ever going to be an ace. hes going to go something like 15-10 with an era in the low 4's or high 3's.

the thing that separates him from guys like blanton is that hamels is going to have 1-2 ace like starts per month. hes also going to have 1-2 starts like this. the rest will be average. cause ultimately, thats what he is. and also a giant bitch.