Concrete Field Online Madden League

Started by PhillyPhanInDC, January 05, 2010, 02:35:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zanshin

Not quite all. And it would have been more if not for my innate sense of fairness...heh. Man, I do wish we could use these teams outside of the league. Would be nice to be able to just use them to goof around and play games with other guys in the league outside of scheduled games.

mussa

I did find a play to stop that and my LB missed 2 INT's on back to back plays, but yeah you ran it torwards then end again and I couldn't find the play in time. Hey if the other team can't adjust, then keep hitting them. I wonder if we can set-up custom audibles? Cause the default audibles are so basic.

Do what I did and create your own team from the same players you drafted. You can play a franchise, play online, practice, whatever you want with that team. Granted, the player rankings can be different since it takes your most updated roster update and not the opening season roster like online franchise did..Takes sometime but I think is worth it so you get to know your team alittle better. Plus you can experiment with different playbooks and such
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Zanshin

can you play those created teams online?

mussa

I'm sure you can load created teams, just have to find someone who is willing to take you on. One time I went to find match the guy had a created team, I didn't want any of that. I am not 100% sure though but I think you can.
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Zanshin

No kidding. I've never tried that. I have some friends who would play with me using this team Wish I knew how that worked. If anyone knows how to set up that kind of match, I'd be interested in knowing. Thanks.

mussa

I am assuming you hit the Y button when your at the pick a team part? Thats how you load a team on the regular game

mussa

Ok Zanshin I just checked quick and you can only do this for Unranked games, but there you go

Zanshin

Cool. I'll definitely give that a shot.

Zanshin

Funny, I tried to upload a team before with a Franchise team and got an error message. Same deal today. But if I try to upload a non-NFL team (one I created from scratch with the team builder) it looks like it might work. Couldn't use a real NFL team, though. Mussa, when you built your team, how did you do it?

mussa

I always created a fake team, not an NFL. I re-did mine today. PPinDC and I played a game quick and it worked, unranked match.

Zanshin

Cool. Any way to edit the roster without doing the whole friggin fantasy draft thing again?

mussa

when u go to create a team the first thing it asks is what kind of team you want, at the very bottom there is fantasy team. click that and your taken to all the players. the only thing that sucks is they have all-time great players in there so it takes alittle extra time to toggle through to find your guys. take advantage of the sort(x) button for those players with crap ratings. it takes time, but i think its worth it. the only other thing it doesn't give you a general depth chart, so whatever you use them, you have to adjust the depth chart. also, when you do this it uses most recent rosters, so your players from the online franchise will have different ratings. my team is actually better with updated rosters.

PhillyPhanInDC

The last game was played. Matty, I think you might have to go in and advance it to week two.

I was kind of shocked how much more realistic the game felt last night. I was able to do pretty well by using some sound football knowledge, but once he was up by two scores late in the game, I had to have Bulger air it out.....and the results were to be expected. Pretty fun though, and it was real tight in the first half.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

mussa

Yeah I checked the box score and was surprised by the score after I saw the stats, looked liked you were hanging in there and then the INT's killed you

Seabiscuit36

Hey PP, it's Jeru.  I dont have Madden, i sold it a few months back.  If i can find this thing cheap i may pick it up again. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons