Concrete Field Online Madden League

Started by PhillyPhanInDC, January 05, 2010, 02:35:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhanInDC

Just got back today before the snow. I'm completely wiped out, had to change all my flights to get back in before the storm. What time tonight is good for you Mussa? Does 10 or 11 work?
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

mussa

Anytime today works PP. I'll be around til super bowl time
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

mussa

Well me and PP played again and got to finish this time. It was the glitchiest game I have yet to play on the new madden. Not sure if it was bad for you PP or what. I am going to have to call comcast and see how my internet speed is. Anyway it was a damn close game at half-time and then I finally got some offense going in 2nd half. I swear PP wasn't playing that game. Completely diff playing style than the first 2 games I played you. Are you sure you didn't have someone else play for you  ^-^

"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

PhillyPhanInDC

No, it was me. I have been experimenting with this team quite a bit since we last played. I've come to a conclusion, that the next time we do this, I am going to draft offense heavy. My D-Line is fantastic, with exception of the one 50+ yard run you had with Westbrook, they have been great at slowing down the run game. I've come to the conclusion that normal football theory doesn't work in this game, running the ball, stopping the run, controlling the clock, so I'm going to throw it more from now on I think. I didn't notice any lag, but it locked up with :57 to go in the fourth, and I thought it might disconnect again for a second.

I almost threw the controller through the wall in the first five minutes, fumble on the opening kick-off for a TD, then you returned a punt with Moss (you could probably see me pulling my guys away once was past the thirty heading in). I figured I'd play it out, and had a couple of plays go my way, then it got ugly.

Also, the online gameplay is beginning to seriously piss me off, especially the punt/kick-off meter deal and the injuries. At one point, my entire offense was subbed out, I had some dudes at WR I didn't even know on the team out there (not sure if you remember, but Sammy Stroughter had a ball farging hit him the hands at the four and stone dropped it) and farging Antonio Pittman out there as my #1. I couldn't get them back in, even after a time out. That was retarded.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

mussa

You should of challenged that kickoff fumble for TD to start the game. I thought you were just throwing the game, because I did see you pull those guys back on the punt return, and then you were doing all kinds of weird shtein on the kickoffs. Your much better than you were the first 2 times we played. I still think a good balance of run and pass is good. Really depends on your players. You had a bunch of bad throws by Freeman and Bulger and drops. Its tough to throw all the time when they suck so bad. I was just trying to pass at first and you were blitzing so much it was hard for me to get any offense going. Finally the 2nd half I did hit some throws, and then started to run and mix the play action in there to seal the deal. That TD at the end of the game was kind of ignorant, I had no intention of scoring, just heaving it out see what happens...

Again if you see any players on my team you may want let me know who you'd want for Schobel

mussa

Phatty the week is done, you can sim the rest of the games out

Zanshin

PPinDC-- you're the bucs, right? After the rest of the week gets simmed, we're on deck. When works for you? I'm usually pretty good around 8:30 on weeknights...but generally flexible

Drunkmasterflex

Any evening works for me Phatty, except tomorrow I have an evening class.  Assuming it doesn't get canceled. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

mussa

Played some guy last night who ran nothing but a goal line PA pass to the FB. He used Titans, Vince Young would either roll out and hit the FB or run, or he would hand it off the Chris Johnson who, like Peterson, has freakish abilities to break 5 tackles at any moment. It was the most frustrating game I have ever played. He then would go for extra points. It was just stupid. Meanwhile I am keeping up with him using the entire playbook. Finally I found a play to counter his one of 2 plays he was picking and then when he's running a pitch to outside with Johnson, it glitches so bad on me that one second I had 3 guys converging on him, screen "skips" and then he's gone 60 yeards. I quit, sent the guy a message saying he's the worst player in madden history. man i was bitter

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: Zanshin on February 08, 2010, 07:41:42 PM
PPinDC-- you're the bucs, right? After the rest of the week gets simmed, we're on deck. When works for you? I'm usually pretty good around 8:30 on weeknights...but generally flexible

School is canceled tonight. I am game pretty much any day this week. I'll look for you online.

Zanshin

Depends on when the week is officially up, I guess.

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: mussa on February 08, 2010, 11:58:49 AM
You should of challenged that kickoff fumble for TD to start the game.

This is another thing that pisses me off. I went to challenge it, but the option wasn't there. I've seen it happen in both online and regular franchise play. You just can't call a challenge for whatever reason.

Again if you see any players on my team you may want let me know who you'd want for Schobel

Shoot me an offer.

mussa

Phatty sim'ed week 5. I played my week 6 computer game already. So everyone else is playing each other except for Coldasnyte in week 6.

Quote from: PhillyPhanInDC on February 09, 2010, 11:47:48 AM
You should of challenged that kickoff fumble for TD to start the game.

This is another thing that pisses me off. I went to challenge it, but the option wasn't there. I've seen it happen in both online and regular franchise play. You just can't call a challenge for whatever reason.

Shoot me an offer.

Usually if a play is challenge-able the option is there. If the computer knows its def a fumble then it won't even give you the option. Its a hard call. I thought it looked close enough for review, but it happened so fast too.

Like I said I have 4 good receivers including a great TE, with some low ranked but decent back up TE's. Kenny Britt and Heyward Bay are my 3 and 4 receivers and are leading my team is all the receiving categories. They are both rookies and will progress even better. Heyward Bay has 97 speed. Britt catches anything thrown his way but is a bit slow for my liking, but is very dependable. A good slot WR. Then my starters are Santana Moss and Braylon Edwards. Ive brought back 3 KR's for TD and 1 PR. Santana is fast, Edwards is pretty fast as well and can break tackles and make some tough catches as well.

I just can't give up McFadden as back up to Westbrook, since Westbrook is always one hit away from injury. I started a franchise with my team and the first game Westbrook broke his collarbone and is done for 11 weeks. McFadden thankfully good enough to fill that spot. So I gotta keep him around in case.

mussa

I can't get into a decent game lately online. Every damn prick I play is going for on-sides kicks, 2pt conversions and running the same damn plays left and right. Thats just retarded

Mad-Lad

Quote from: mussa on February 09, 2010, 05:59:34 PM
I can't get into a decent game lately online. Every damn prick I play is going for on-sides kicks, 2pt conversions and running the same damn plays left and right. Thats just retarded

i'm on xbox live and am usually playing madden. If I'm available I'd be up for a game. Can't guarantee I would be much competition as I don't play vs people much for the reason you mentioned.