Started by MDS, November 05, 2009, 12:05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: rjs246 on January 26, 2010, 08:27:21 PM
It's January.

the eagles are done, the sixers are a mess, hockey sucks and your face belongs on the business end of a shotgun blast.  what else is there to talk about? 

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

MDS

Quote from: Rome on January 26, 2010, 06:12:24 PM
andy pettitte is washed up?

someone should tell him that.  not the phillies, though.  not after he beat their asses twice last fall.

he didnt beat their asses. he pitched okay and went against hamels and pedro.

but igy's point is dead on, though, i think happ is much better than you want to give him credit for.

and the bullpen really isnt an issue. it might be a problem, and they will need to fix it at the deadline if need be. there really wasnt a move they could have made to improve the pen on paper.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

meat wallet talk >>>>>>>>>>>>> baseball talk.

Sgt PSN

baseball talk>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>any meat wallet you've ever had

Rome

BigEd76

Thome signed with the Twins to be a backup DH

Rome

he signed with a team with three good outfielders, an outstanding left-handed hitting designated hitter and a great left-handed hitting first baseman.

in other words, he signed with a team where he might get three at-bats a week if he's lucky.

sad.

Sgt PSN

that's basically the same role that the white sox were looking at for him.  guillen and the sox front office really love the guy and wanted to bring him back but they couldn't find a way to put him in the lineup on anything more than a part-time/match up based basis.  but they also said that the minute he retires, they want him back with the sox in some sort of coaching capacity. 

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

thome can still hit the snot out of the ball.  the problem is that's all he can do.  he's utterly unusable in the field, so that left every nl team out of the running for his services.  i thought a good fit for him would have been the tigers, actually.

ah well.

Sgt PSN

i don't get it though......at this point, in his career the only thing worth hanging around for is to chase a ws ring.  so why go to the twins?  i don't think they're going to be as good as they were last year and even if they are, they'll still never get through the bosox/yankees in the playoffs. 

seattle actually might have been a good place for him.  i think they've got a legit shot at doing some damage since they actually have a great 1=2 combo at the top of the rotation.  he'd still be a back up dh, but who better to back up than griff? 

if the backup dh role on the twins was the best offer on the table, he should have just retired and gone back to the white sox as a coach. 

Don Ho

Quote from: Rome on January 26, 2010, 06:12:24 PM
andy pettitte is washed up?

someone should tell him that.  not the phillies, though.  not after he beat their asses twice last fall.

I still can't get over how farging big Pettitte is.  He looked like a monster at the plate holding the bat in his hands during the WS.  Don't know if was the shtein Clemens shared with him but the dude is a beast.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

ice grillin you

keith law just came out with his new organizational rankings

24. Phillies

They kept their best prospect, Domonic Brown but traded everyone else, and their next wave of impact guys largely spent 2009 in short-season ball. The Lee trade with Seattle restored some depth between Brown and the Anthony Goses and Sebastian Valles of the system.

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous