2009 Phillies Offseason Thread

Started by MDS, November 05, 2009, 12:05:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

i dont think i should drink more than 2 beers. when you have 3, bad things always seem to happen. its karma.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

SunMo

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Eagles_Legendz

If they can keep Lee too.... :paranoid

Though if they trade Lee I don't mind it as a move for the future.  They could be resigned to the fact that they aren't signing him long term.  This would allow them to keep their core prospects, get Halladay, and sign him long term.  Hard to argue with that.   :yay :yay

Don Ho

Halladay and his agent?  This is beyond boners.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SunMo

i've heard that Lee didn't want to pitch this year on the last year of his deal and that Amaro wanted to have both guys for 2010.  so putting Lee in the 3-way deal is because of Lee, not Amaro. 

smeags

lee wouldnt have a choice but to pitch this year. it comes down to being able to sign halladay long term.
If guns kill people then spoons made Rosie O'Donnel a fatass.

Quote from: ice grillin you on March 16, 2008, 03:38:24 PM
phillies will be under 500 this year...book it

SunMo

he wouldn't have a choice, but he could make life miserable if he wanted to.

BigEd76

Heyman reported it was a done deal with Lee going to Seattle, Taylor + 3 Seattle prospects to Toronto and Halladay + cash coming here

smeags

sun mo - baseball is a different animal than football. you dont see that type of situation nearly as much.

again, being able to sign halladay makes sense and when you take away lee's, feliz', thome's and eaton's contracts they have money to pay halladay.

Eaglez

I hate to see Lee go but if the Phils think they can get Halladay cheaper than Lee long term than it is absolutely worth it. 

SunMo

jesus, heyman is saying Brown and Lee now.  that would not be good if nothing else came back

smeags

dont be surprised to see lee go to the angels