Random Eagles information not worthy of a new thread

Started by Eagaholic, July 02, 2009, 12:51:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

I even remember who he is, Giants fans hated him.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 08, 2011, 01:45:31 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on February 08, 2011, 01:29:48 PM
its hard to say because castillo is highly respected as a man and a coach...and will rip your throat out if need be...so the respect and fear factor is there unlike mcdermott....the question is how do you seriously take defensive direction from an oline coach

Which is probably why they went out and got some veteran guys to work under him, hoping that the combined experience of the position coaches compensates for the inexperience of the coordinator.  

problem with this is position coaches are basically worthless during the game and dont gameplan...nor has washburn ever done any of this...so im not sure how their experience would help castillo at all...im afraid juan is sinking or swimming all on his own
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

General_Failure

They should have hired a Cuban instead of a Mexican.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: ice grillin you on February 08, 2011, 02:18:32 PM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on February 08, 2011, 01:45:31 PM
its hard to say because castillo is highly respected as a man and a coach...and will rip your throat out if need be...so the respect and fear factor is there unlike mcdermott....the question is how do you seriously take defensive direction from an oline coach

Which is probably why they went out and got some veteran guys to work under him, hoping that the combined experience of the position coaches compensates for the inexperience of the coordinator. 

problem with this is position coaches are basically worthless during the game and dont gameplan...nor has washburn ever done any of this...so im not sure how their experience would help castillo at all...im afraid juan is sinking or swimming all on his own

I think the experience would help during practice.  Maybe these guys get a little more hands on which allows Castillo to spend more time working on x's and o's rather than completely running practice.  I dunno...I'm just spit balling here.  Just go with me on it. 

Rome

mcdermott got laughed at by those players.  try imagining for a second what would happen if one of them laughed at castillo or talked shtein back to him.

he'd be seeing farging stars like yosemite sam.

PoopyfaceMcGee

But he comes across as friendly. Like a guy who would make me a delicious enchilada.

reese125

is castillo some kind of bad ass that we should all know about or this about tenure alone automatically gets respect?

yeah hes been in the league on the OL side for 15 years, but hes going to have to be the one to gain the defense's respect, not the other way around. so there is a good chance he does get laughed at....or if not laughed at....disrespected for his lack of knowledge.

it's such an unknown right now on how the d players are going to respond with his new scheme or lack there of.

Rome

I think it's entirely possible that the players understand the situation he's been put in and will do everything in their power to rally around the guy.   Not all the players, obviously, but the lionshare.

I guess that's the best we can hope for as fans, reese.

SD

QuoteExpect the Eagles to make a big splash in free agency

According to ESPN's Pat Yasinskas, the Eagles have just $80.8 million committed to the salary cap in 2011. That's the 5th lowest of any team in the NFL, and $20.7 million less than the league average of $101.5 million. Here are the totals for each team:

I got into this a bit in my "Oh my God, we have to sign Nnamdi Asomugha!" post a few weeks ago, but it's no surprise that the Eagles have a payroll this low, since they dumped the contracts of Donovan McNabb, Brian Westbrook, Kevin Curtis, Shawn Andrews, Stacy Andrews, Darren Howard, Chris Clemons, Reggie Brown, Sheldon Brown, and Chris Gocong last offseason.

Of course, no post on BGN is complete without noting that nobody can sign free agents until a new CBA is worked out. But if the owners and NFLPA can get it done, the Eagles have no excuse not to go out a splurge in free agency this season, even with new contracts for Michael Vick and DeSean Jackson upcoming in the near future.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

SD

Eagaholic

Feva

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Diomedes

I'm wishing he'd go away and be replaced by a good TE or two.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

ice grillin you

"You want me to take the Wonderlic test?" Washburn said. "I'm not kidding you. I don't read well. I told Andy this, that I'm a dumb ass. I am. I am. I'm not kidding you. Complicated? If I have to think too much, I can't do two things at once. Give me a task to do and I can do it.

"These linemen aren't much different mentally than I am. If you knew how I grew up, you'd understand. I was an orphan kid. I tried to play in the NFL but I wasn't good enough. I wanted to finish my school but I didn't have any money, so I went to North Carolina A & T University. It's an all-black school - probably 10,000 black kids and me. Little did I know what training I was getting for my future.

"Somebody says, 'What do you do for a living?' I say, 'I work with young black guys, Southern black guys.' That's where most of the defensive linemen come from. Little did I know, along my road, that that's what I was preparing for.

"I speak their language," he said. "I'm an old white dude, OWD, but I speak their language. That's what I've done all my life."

FAP
FAP
FAP!!
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous