Rest of Baseball Thread 2009

Started by BigEd76, April 03, 2009, 03:18:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

not saying i agree but no way he was getting in first ballot after the spitting incident....plus he has aids
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

5 of those pointy headed BBWA voters submitted blank ballots.

Probably Billy Beane types.

MDS

can we abolish the bbwa. what a bunch of old losers.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Rome

Quote from: ice grillin you on January 06, 2010, 04:19:10 PM
not saying i agree but no way he was getting in first ballot after the spitting incident....plus he has aids

if you polled the living hall of famers if he deserved to get in on the first ballot, i'd be willing to bet he'd get at least 90% of the votes.   the only ones who wouldn't vote are the ones who are so old that drooling is an issue for them.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: MDS on January 06, 2010, 05:42:21 PM
can we abolish the bbwa. what a bunch of old losers.

never understood why people who never played the game are the ones who decide whether or not a person gets in the hof.  don't get me wrong, i think there are quite a few baseball writers who have sound knowledge of the game, but they don't share a locker room with these guys.  at the very least, there should be a split between baseball writters and hof'ers/players.

Quote from: Rome on January 06, 2010, 05:49:31 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on January 06, 2010, 04:19:10 PM

if you polled the living hall of famers if he deserved to get in on the first ballot, i'd be willing to bet he'd get at least 90% of the votes.   the only ones who wouldn't vote are the ones who are so old that drooling is an issue for them.

those guys might be inclined to vote robbie alomar in then because they too know what it's like to lose control of your spittle. 

PhillyPhreak54

They should allow the living HOF members to cast votes ala the Heisman voting.

ice grillin you

the problem is most athletes dont watch sports....not that it matters in baseball because all people do is go over the numbers when it comes to the HOF

and dont believe for a second they wouldnt hold grudges just like writers....youd have douchey old guys like chuck bednarik not voting for deion sanders

Sgt PSN

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/hof10/news/story?id=4805223

Quote"The Hawk" played his first 11 seasons on the artificial turf of Montreal's Olympic Stadium, which he said was as hard as the carpeted floor he was standing on at his news conference. He extended his career with 10 more years on grass, including six with the Chicago Cubs, where he won the 1987 NL MVP.

The Hall of Fame still hasn't decided whether the eight-time All-Star will have an Expos or Cubs hat -- Dawson also played two years each for Boston and Florida -- on his bronze plaque.

Despite the near life-sized poster of Dawson in an Expos uniform next to the dais, Hall president Jeff Idelson said no decision has been made.

i thought the player was who decided which team they will represent in the hof. 

Sgt PSN

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4804082

QuoteIn an interview with the Contra Costa Times, Cardinals manager Tony La Russa mentioned the possibility of putting McGwire on the team's active roster on Aug. 31 so he'd be eligible to play in the postseason, if the Cardinals are still in the race.

lolz

BigEd76

In "no f**ing way?!" news, McGwire finally admitted he did roids off and on for over 10 years, including 1998...

Sgt PSN

QuoteMcGwire also used human growth hormone, a person close to McGwire said, speaking on condition of anonymity because McGwire didn't include that detail in his statement.

even when these idiots decide to come clean, they still farg it up.  tell the whole truth roid face. 

ken griffey jr and eddie murray are pretty much the only 2 players to have played in the "steriod era" that have hit over 500 hr who are legit.  the rest can come off that list and then maybe it'll have some significance again. 

ice grillin you

mcgwire actually tried to blame the era not himself

LBIggle

playing 162 games of baseball a year is just so hard.  poor multimillionaire getting anything he ever asks for, for doing what he loves.  what a poor fella.  just wanted to feel normal.  here's an idea, take the needle out of your ass.. clown.

Sgt PSN

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4831517

jack clark is awesome

QuoteClark and McGwire may cross paths this weekend during the Cardinals' Winter Warm-Up in St. Louis, a promotional and fan event they are scheduled to attend.

"I'm not going to say hello," Clark said to the Post-Dispatch on Thursday. "I'm not going to shake his hand. He's a sad excuse for a player in the industry of baseball. Just seeing him in uniform makes me throw up."

Don Ho

Jack Clark looked angry when he played back in the day.  He was a bad ass mofo.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.