2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Lidge is just clueless right now.  I don't know if it's Ruiz (or whoever)  giving him the wrong pitches to throw in what sequence but there was four or five times tonight when me and my Yankees douchebag buddy knew exactly what pitches were coming before they even set up.   And if two Romes like us know, you damn know for sure the other team knows.

It's one thing to know what's coming and not be able to do anything about it and it's quite another to pitch like Brad Mitch is pitching right now...

PhillyPhreak54

His fastball has great velocity, but the damn location is still off. I don't get it. But I know I now have the "oh shtein, he;s gonna blow it" feeling every 9th now.

ExtraInnings originally had the CSN PHL feed on, but I guess the game wasn't on there tonight? Was it on PHL17? It started with the Vick PC and I thought it was a rain delay.

And then they switched to the Braves Peachtree feed. And those announcers are shtein. I think it was Caray and Sutton. One of which thought it was funny Vic got showered with beer

Don Ho

I was listening to those tools from Atlanta on MLB.COM.  Take the term "homer" to another level. 

Lidge, oh farg.  I told my son "Watch this icehole but two men on and than we can all sweat it out, again".  He's done.  I pray Meyers gets healthy in a hurry.  Hell, I am ready to see Park as the closer.   
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

BigEd76

yea it was on PHL last night

Cole vs Kawakami today on FOX.  Most of the country gets it, but New York and California get Giants/Mets instead...

BigEd76

Myers' rehab start in Clearwater was canceled because he was hit in the face by his son

Hours later, he's now saying he slipped getting out of his truck

QuoteThe Inquirer's Jim Salisbury reached Myers by telephone, and here is the story related by the pitcher and his wife Kim:

Myers said he had arrived home from dinner last night in Palm Harbor, Fla.--that's in the Clearwater area. He said he had two beers at dinner and rode home in the back seat of his wife's Escalade in a car filled with friends, and that the family's babysitter was driving.

In the Escalade, the back seat is a bench-style seat, and the middle seats are separate chairs. Myers said that he tripped while passing through those middle chairs. He said his feet got tangled in children's toys. He then fell out of the Escalade and hit his face on the side of the door.

He was not cut, but his left eye was "swollen like a balloon" when he woke this morning.

Asked why he made up the story about playing catch with his son, Myers said: "Because I felt like an idiot."

Kim Myers called it a "freak accident," and both she and Brett insisted that was the entire story. They conceded that, because of Myers' 2006 arrest for assaulting Kim in Boston (charges were later dropped), the current situation would raise questions.

"No, I did not hit him with a frying pan," Kim Myers said, with a laugh, while teasing her husband for being a "klutz."

I placed a call to the Pinellas County Sherrif's department to see if any incidents had been reported involving Myers in the past 24 hours, but was told that no one was available to answer press inquiries on Saturday.

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

How do you score 1 run after hitting a HR, a double, a single and another double? 

Don Ho

WTF!  Vic on third, no outs and they come away with nothing.  Good god people.  Phils should be up by three runs.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Don Ho

For the last farging time can we please get Lidge the farg out of here!  This is just a travesty.  

Don Ho

Don Ho

Don Ho

That was an absolute disgrace today.  Lidge is done this year.  It never should have never come to this today with all the runners stranded at third.  I am so farging pissed right now. 

phillymic2000

didn't see thegame just saw Lidge is now 0-5. Sitthe mother farger now Charlie! Lets see whatsomeone else, farg anyone else. I betcha I could go 0-5 and i don't play pro ball WTF!~!!!!!!!!!11

QB Eagles