2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Damn...I heard it on ESPN Radio while on lunch. I did not get to hear the Phils feed yesterday, only the Rockies...but I am watching ESPN News and they were piping in the phone calls from 950. I just called my grandparents and they didnt know yet. This sucks.

I mean, we all could hear he was losing it, but I'm shocked to hear he's dead.

RIP Harry.

I had a lump in my throat when I heard. I immediately thought of how his voice was my summers since I knew what baseball was. All those years of listenig with my grandpop while fishing on while we were chillin down the shore.

Terrible.

Don Ho

Junior had the day off from school and just told me to turn on ESPN.  Unbelievable.  I had heard he wasn't looking to good this season.  What a bummer.  I missed yesterday's game due to Easter brunch but I am so glad now I watched Saturday. 

FYI - actually got his start in Hawaii in the 60's calling Hawaii Islander games in the Pacific Coast League.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyGirl

Wheeler showing no signs of sadness?

I can't even imagine LA's reaction on the radio.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Susquehanna Birder

PhillyPhreak54

Really PG? Is Wheels all happy and shtein?

I have the farging Nats feed on the EI package. :boo

PhillyPhreak54

They showed the tribute before the first pitch and it got me. I teared up.

I heard the Phils fan scream "we luv ya Harry" during the momet of silence. :'(

rjs246

Quote from: reese125 on April 13, 2009, 02:47:34 PM
Quote from: rjs246 on April 13, 2009, 02:03:44 PM
Things more depressing than dying on the job:

1. Nothing

I think Kalas might disagree with this comment as it was all too fitting he went that way

Let's ask him if he'd rather be on the road with the putzes he worked with or at home with his family. Oops, can't ask him. Oh well, I'll just assume that I'm right again and move on with my life.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

mussa

Damn shocking news none the less. Glad they won it for him last year. Earliest memories of baseball was listening to him call the games with my grand parents. Now he's with them talking Phils I am sure  :'(
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

BigEd76

I'm watching the game but apparently Franzke and LA are almost bawling.  Both were in tears during the pregame on CSN

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PoopyfaceMcGee

PhillyPhreak54

Elijah Dukes continues to be hot...and the Nats take the early lead.

Damn.

BigEd76

The Cubs had a moment of silence for Harry too

Moyer gets out of bases loaded w/ only 1 run

PhillyPhreak54

2 walks...a come backer ff Moyer...a laced double....one run in and they are loaded now.

Come on Moyer.

Whew...FLores grounds out.

I can't deal with watching the Nats feed...I wnt to be able to listen to the Phils one.

PhillyPhreak54