2009 Philadelphia Phillies - Season's Over, Time to Move On

Started by SunMo, April 02, 2009, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

ONE of the worst...unless they can turn it around this year gain some self respect and at least win a playoff series or two

obviously most ideal would be another title and would solidify them as a long lasting champion...that would be ridiculous

Quote from: MDS on June 26, 2009, 12:07:45 PM
all you need to remember is the night of and the parade you miserable son of a bitch

no thats all YOU need to do...i understand that the pressure is off as far as the championship drought and i feel that as well..if they miss the playoffs this year i certainly wont lose any sleep...but at the same time i want last years team to have some staying power

you cant homer in on one thing and tunnel vision it up...im looking at the big picture...i want some real lasting status in the sports world...not a fluke fly by night joke of a champion who caught magic in a bottle for a month and beat an expansion team for the title
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Rome

They lost a total of three games in the entire playoff run.

Stop.

QB Eagles

This Phillies team will be considered just fine by history. A home run bashing team with a starting pitcher WS MVP who went perfect in the playoffs, a season-perfect closer, and just a fun collection of personalities... it was a team that was fun to watch. They are diminished by having beaten the Rays, but that was out of their control.

They are not an all-time great team with 120 regular season wins or anything like that, but they are legitimate World farging Champions who definitely won't be considered any kind of joke or fluke. Ridiculous after 25 years of no champions that someone would be upset that the team somehow weren't good enough champions.

Plus, they have the capability and the young core to remain a competitive team for a while, and they could always win again.

mpmcgraw

Larussa is literally one of the five worst managers in baseball. The only manager I'd rather have larussa than is dusty baker.

Apparently he Jedi mind tricked all of the superior teams into sucking that year. Or the cardinals just got hot at the right time with some luck. Nah igys right it was larussa.

ice grillin you

vince lombardi sucked too...only person id rather have him over is no one...he was the WORST

Geowhizzer

Munson

Larussa is the best because he won championships...however, Torry Holt does not get the same respect.

I see.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

reese125

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhanInDC

Following the game n the phone...said Hamels was ejected...WTF?
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

ice grillin you

ejected after he was yanked...as he was leaving the field he gave the ump some lip...i dont know why he didnt turn around and go off on the ump...youre out of the game anyway why mumble some words as you walk to the dugout...get your moneys worth pusssssie

so glad charlie switched the rotation so cole could pitch tonight instead of against the mets next week

Geowhizzer

I'm watching the NHL draft instead of the Phillies game, and the Flyers don't pick until sometime in August.  That's how bad they suck right now.

ice grillin you

SD_Eagle5