The Free Agency Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 20, 2009, 01:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: Magical_Retard on January 21, 2009, 06:22:36 PM
Quote from: Diomedes on January 21, 2009, 06:13:46 PM
Suggs and Boldin thank you

I would love for them to sign Suggs. But it is not happening. Not for the money he will want.

I wouldn't count money as a reason they wouldn't make a run at him. They've showed in the past they have certain positions they value quite a bit, and they've paid big chunks of change for them. DE is one of those positions.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

ice grillin you

Quote from: PPinDC on January 21, 2009, 07:23:59 PM
Quote from: Magical_Retard on January 21, 2009, 06:22:36 PM
Quote from: Diomedes on January 21, 2009, 06:13:46 PM
Suggs and Boldin thank you

I would love for them to sign Suggs. But it is not happening. Not for the money he will want.

I wouldn't count money as a reason they wouldn't make a run at him. They've showed in the past they have certain positions they value quite a bit, and they've paid big chunks of change for them. DE is one of those positions.

totally agree that they would pay huge money for a de...but i dont know that they would pay suggs that kind of money nor do i think he warrants it...hes not even a double digit sack guy
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

Can Suggs be a full time 4-3 DE or did he benefit from the 3-4?

How long did they play a 4-3 in BAL before they switched?

reese125

muti-dimensional player that can avg you 8 or 9 sacks and cover the middle like that you snag up

depending how many snaps he played at LB, they could throw the LB tag on him which would be cheaper...but I cant see why they wouldnt sign him long term

so if they keep Lewis and Suggs that leaves Bart Scott as a FA--sure why not

The BIGSTUD

Suggs was a beast in college as a DE. One of the highest sack totals ever. He had over 20 in his final season I believe. I think he had like 23. I think he was a LB in the 3-4 from the minute he arrived in Baltimore.

I think the Eagles would absolutely spend top dollar on Suggs or Peppers. You know how the Eagles value their lines. If they would sign anyone to a big deal I'd say offensive or defensive lineman. They've already shown with Kearse they would.

I'd say there is a real strong chance they pursue Peppers or Suggs.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Diomedes

Quote from: Magical_Retard on January 21, 2009, 06:18:07 PMSince we all know Westbrook will miss at least 2-3 games and be lingered with injuries during the stretch run they need a 2nd back.

Watch out for the language nazis, they're on the prowl lately. 

I give you a B+ despite the incorrect usage on account of style and originality.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Magical_Retard

Ha thanks.

They do value the line a lot. But they value their own picks even more. So would they ever sign a DE when they can waste a 1st round or 2nd round pick on someone? And they would not even do that ...they have Patterson. They love him.

I think Suggs and Lewis sign with the Ravens. Scott and Leonard might be allowed to leave. I would not mind signing either of them.
Marge: I have someone who can help you!
Homer: Is it BATMAN!!??
Marge: No hes a scientist
Homer: Batman is a scientist.
Marge: Its not BATMAN!

stalker

Quote from: stalker on January 21, 2009, 05:44:38 PM
Mike Goff, Julius Peppers, Jordan Gross.

I have nothing to contribute.
Alert, alert. Look well at the rainbow. The fish will be running very soon.

Don Ho

No on Peppers.  Smells of Kearse.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

The BIGSTUD

Kearse steadily declined in production. Peppers bounced back with a really good year in 2008 and no other major forces on their d-line but him.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

ice grillin you

Quote from: Don Ho on January 22, 2009, 02:31:45 AM
No on Peppers.  Smells of Kearse.

i think you think this way because you like me are convinced that carolina and tennesse are the same team

but id much rather have peppers than suggs...suggs is basically another killa...on that secondary level of pass rushes below the elites like peppers...

PhillyPhanInDC

No thanks on Peppers. He completely disappeared a year ago, then in his contract year turned in on. He'll also be 30 next year. I see Peppers more of a finesse rush end, I want someone with the "dog" in them, like Suggs. With Dawkins fading, a guy like Suggs could potentially step in and be the leader on D. I don't think he'll leave B'more though.

I would like to see them spend one of the 1s on a DE, or package them to move up and get one. Where is a guy like Orakpo going to go? Top 10? If they go O-Line in the first, I'd like to see them get someone with a lot of talent, but maybe a little raw. Connor Barwin out of Cincy would be a nice fit potentially. Or a guy like Paul Kruger is a definite maybe, being a Mormon. He's not a "fastball" but has the size to potentially anchor and hold the point. Seemed pretty stout against the run in the Sugar Bowl.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

ice grillin you

peppers also had numerous non contract double digit sack years...has suggs ever had one?...

i personally dont see how anyone could think suggs is a better off the edge pass rusher but if thats the case then so be it however age shouldnt be a factor in who you want...the eagles need the best player right now...not who will be the best player in five years

rjs246

Suggs does a lot more than rush the passer. I would rather have Suggs.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

he wont be playing in a 3-4 here...eagles need a guy who can get to the quarterback not a guy to drop back and sit down in the flat