The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Rome

Diomedes

There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

mussa

I got about 3 inches of hard snow last night. totally
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

ice grillin you

all models still on track and in good agreement for a big one this weekend...i think less than the two feet i was seeing yesterday but 20 inches is more than possible...dc/balt look to be in the sweet spot for the storm with philly being the very northern edge of the largets totals...id say philly is closer to 10-12
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

we're having a snow party, if you farg this up Havas, i'm blaming you
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Susquehanna Birder

Some suggested totals from Accuweather for this weekend:

Atlantic City: 11.2
Bethlehem: 4.8
Charlottesville: 9.2
Frederick: 15
New York: 4.8
Philadelphia: 7.3

Oh...and Reykjavik, Iceland looks to have some stray flurries, with temps in the upper thirties. Go figure.

mussa

calling for 90% chance of snow here in Lanc sat. No idea on amounts
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Munson

That's a lot of confusing all over the place shtein but the basic gist seems to be we're looking at another 8-12 inches of snow at the least, with a good chance of it being upwards of 24-30 inches.

Sounds awesome, just wish it was happening during the week instead of the weekend.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Diomedes

you get that link from vigy

if it started with a call to Springsteen rather than GnR, I'd be certain he wrote it

ice grillin you

not from me...that guy is way high on the numbers
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Munson

Good ole' glenn hurricane schwartz on weather channel right now. Saying it's being compared to the '83 blizzard right now by experts.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds