The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

Hit 7 degrees here last night.  Woodstove which usually ends up making the house hot as farg, kept it at 70 degrees.  I'm going duck hunting tomorrow, but trying to figure out if we just walk in since the river froze overnight.  Makes me wish our duck boat had something thicker than aluminum. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Geowhizzer

GF and Rome - did you enjoy your "snowfall?"

Diomedes

I see this map and I think, "thank God I live in Baltimore."  farged up, right?

Never.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Sgt PSN

That's how Cubans are made.

Munson

Where's IGY or Ed with the Euro model for this blizzard
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Eagles_Legendz

Euro way more bullish than all the rest at this point. 

Munson

Tease...post some maps and links and shtein!
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

Eagles_Legendz

Philly and the burns are right on the line of getting hit hard. 

That's GFS that just ran. Don't have a link to last Euro but it had 10-20 for philly which is on the higher end.  Some think it may go more east and philly will get the tail which looks to be 5-7 in or so.

Seabiscuit36

I'm gonna be disappointed i think. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Eagles_Legendz

Last version of euro held pretty firm with philly around a foot and Bucks getting 12-18 depending on location.  NYC at 2-3 feet.  Most other models had it more eastward but people seem to trust Euro most.

Munson

All the local placesa nd the weather channel are revised down to 4-8 for me. Did the euro change and bring totals down in the Philly area?

Eagles_Legendz

Yeah.  Philly looks 8-10 range.

SD