The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD

And we pray

The shtein in my neighborhood is just starting to melt. Actually a fairly nice day today.

phillymic2000

Finally going to get hit!! 16-20" of snow along with 25-35mph sustained winds and 4-8' drifts expected out here in farmland!

SD

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

QB Eagles

MDS

its gonna be in cold here for the next 3 days...may get some sleetish ice thing on thursday

schools might be closed. everyone is freaking out. because of 30 degree weather and possible sleet.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MMH

It is bitch-ass crazy north of Chicago right now, maybe 300 yds visibility driving home.  And this is supposedly the prelude.  The really bad stuff won't start until tonight.
Hope we don't lose power (and with it heat).

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah it's pretty chilly out down here. Strong north wind and about 30.

Brrrrr.

MMH

So it's still windy as hell.  But I can still see blacktop on the street.  WTF?  Snowmageddon wasn't what it was hyped to be.

phillymic2000

I'm out by Rockford and almost every major highway (88,80,39) is all shut down. The wind, ice and snow are just killing my crew. We pulled everybody while this latest band of heavy snow moved thru. 3-4' Drifts are all over the place, its very impressive.

MDS

you get more MA each and every day and im loving every second of it
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Currently 62 in Raleigh. High will be 70 or 71.

By the way, with the number of times PG types "FML" is there any doubt her "L" is getting more action than MURP?

MMH

Yeah, Lake County got a lot of snow overnight.  It's a mess.  We are under civil emergency, with all roads closed until further notice.
Oh, and they're expecting the wind chill tonight to be between -30 and -40.  Yippee.  At least we still have power.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyPhreak54

Rolling blackouts across the state due to the cold and upped electricity usage.