The Weather Thread

Started by ice grillin you, January 17, 2009, 12:36:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munson

I've never actually seen the emergency broadcast system used other than a test, and they used to to issue a tornado warning for north wilmington today. Apparently some people have seen one, but I'm down in the city so all we've seen is basement flooding rain and nasty thunderstorms so far. It's apparently worse north of the city/up near the PA line.

But still crazy to me that they actually used that broadcast system, they never use that for anything around here.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

phattymatty

had a crazy little 10 minute storm out of nowhere yesterday and i watched huge pieces of the roof fly into the pool.

this weather seriously makes me think the world is done soon.

Seabiscuit36

It got slightly dark around 5 yesterday, and in about 5 minutes after that the sky was black as farg.  The gusts were ridiculous, but it was a quick moving storm.  Felt bad for my brothers friends who had just left the beach to drive home in a wrangler with no softtop.  Not exactly a storm they wanted to run into with no roof or doors
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

mussa

It can storm like hell all it wants as long as it takes that shtein humidity out of here and leaves awesome weather like we had today.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Diomedes

my commute was an hour longer than usual this morning thanks to last night's storms. 

today was marvelous

another awesome day to not work in a cubicle
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Seabiscuit36

Just too the dog out before a big storm hits or at least its an all electrical storm.  So much static that the hairs on my body were charged.  Odd feeling with no bolts hitting the ground yet. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

rjs246

My dog shteins herself every time the pressure drops and a storm is coming. Sometimes she literally shteins. Other times she just hides in the closet while I yell at her about evolution.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Seabiscuit36

ha, my dog is hiding behind the couch.  He never cared about storms until he was 4 years old, which seems to be some odd trait of Retrievers/Labs

MDS

my cat would kick the shtein out of your dogs
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

I have a 1230 flight from IAH on Friday, landing in PHL at 1650.

And apparently the farging hurricane is going to affect airport operations in PHL, EWR and up the east coast.

SD

Good thing for you the Philadelphia International Airport is run so efficiently

You might be better off hitch hiking.

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah...PHL is a clusterfarg.

I hope if its bad enough they just cancel the damn thing. I'd rather that then get re-routed to Detroit or some place like that.

MDS

take a 1 hour plane ride south

theres a nice hard cot with your name on it
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Munson

Definitely read that as "hard cock" at first
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

lol

Thats all you got for me? A cot?

Tempurpedic or nothing, dammit!