2008 Fantasy Football Who To Start Thread

Started by shorebird, August 29, 2008, 02:00:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shorebird

A. Johnson-131 ReYd, ReTD  19.1

S. Smith-96 ReYd  9.6

PoopyfaceMcGee

Well, I played Johnson.  So, speak for yourself.

shorebird

phillymic2000

Tomahawk

I ended up starting Johnson, Wayne, and Smith. They all did better than Moss.

shorebird

Moss had a big fat zero, which makes the Eagles loss even more disturbing.

shorebird

It also makes T-hawk look like a fantasy genious.

Munson

So this is the trade I was just offered

Patrick Crayton
Ladainian Tomlinson
Ike Hilliard
Tony Gonzalez

for

Reggie Wayne
Eddie Royal
Edgerrin James

This is a PPR league. Now the problem with this trade is while I would get LT and Tony G....my WR's would be Calvin Johnson (zesty offense/QB), Torry Holt (zesty offense), and a platoon of Hilliard, Crayton, and Kevin Curtis when he gets back.

It would, however, give me starting RB's of Stephen Jackson and LT, and Earnest Graham on the bench.
My gut instinct says jump all over it.....but even with those two RB's (one who plays in a zesty offense and another who sounds like his toe is going to effect him all year), I don't know if I can win without Reggie Wayne AND Eddie Royal.
farg.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

phattymatty

um yes, take it.  anyone can win without eddie royal. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

SunMo

2nd and 3rd backs needed:

Buck
McFadden
Kevin Smith
Pittman

right now i'm leading towards Buck and Smith
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

shorebird

LeRon McClain
Julius Jones
or Steven Jackson?

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: SunMo on October 12, 2008, 08:55:34 AM
2nd and 3rd backs needed:

Buck
McFadden
Kevin Smith
Pittman

right now i'm leading towards Buck and Smith

Buck and Pittman

Quote from: shorebird on October 12, 2008, 09:03:51 AM
LeRon McClain
Julius Jones
or Steven Jackson?

Steven Jackson and Julius Jones.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

shorebird

I know I didn't specify but was really looking for only one, as my other starter is Portis. To tell you the truth, I was leaning towards McClain with him going against Indy, who has the worst run D in the league. Jones would be my next bet with Jackson going against the taterskins. Skins have a good run D. Only allowed three rushing TD's so far this year.

Jackson though is one of those players you just can't sit. He had a great game in week four. I have to start him. shtein, he was the first runningback I picked.