2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyPhreak54

ice grillin you

i wonder what time bars are opening in south phil tomorrow...my train gets in at 720 and im trying to put the liver helmet on shortly thereafter...and non guy who would probably show my wife a good times (ie munson) wanna meet up and get some beers pre parade lemme know
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 30, 2008, 09:36:06 PM
i wonder what time bars are opening in south phil tomorrow...my train gets in at 720 and im trying to put the liver helmet on shortly thereafter...and non guy who would probably show my wife a good times (ie munson) wanna meet up and get some beers pre parade lemme know
what train are you rolling on?  We're thinking about hopping on the R2 in newark, de then taking that to the R1, and from what i can tell on Septa's site(which just crashed  :-D ) then to 30th street, then the Orange express.  Ive never ridden the train from down here up to philly. 

Yeti

"It's only a matter of time before we get to the future."

Hbionic

ice grillin you

i dont know my exact arrival time but i leave bmore at 557 and it takes approx 1:20 to get there...so 715ish?...super early...probably hit the melrose for breakfast and then look for sustinence

ice grillin you

QB Eagles

Munson

Quote from: ice grillin you on October 30, 2008, 09:36:06 PM

I'll wear a shirt that says Hi Igy just for you.
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM
perhaps you could explain sd's reasons for "disliking" it as well since you seem to be so in tune with other peoples minds

PhillyPhreak54

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=jp-worldseriesclincher103008&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

QuoteAfter it happened, Philadelphia celebrated. As the party raged on the field, two policemen led a handcuffed man down the tunnel outside the Rays clubhouse. He had tried to run onto the field. His best excuse: "They did it in '80." That likely will not hold up in court, though judges sympathetic to Philadelphia's plight may be lenient.

"People here don't forget," Utley said. "They die by their sports."

So the sight of the championship trophy being passed from Rollins to Brett Myers to Jenkins to Utley to Greg Dobbs to Joe Blanton to Scott Eyre to Ryan Howard caused cheer after cheer. Outfielder Shane Victorino's father, Michael, pranced around the field handing out leis straight from their native Hawaii, taking explicit pleasure in crowning retiring Phillies general manager Pat Gillick. Teammates dug up the pitching mound for Jamie Moyer, and Howard took a lap around the stadium with a Phillies flag, and So Taguchi's wife, Emiko, a Japanese TV host fluent in English, spoke for everyone when she said: "Let's get drunk tonight!"

QuoteSo they did, Rollins the leading mouthpiece. He still was chirping an hour after hoisting the trophy, finally getting to his 43 awaiting text messages and reading one out loud, from Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb: "Congrats, my dude. The streets is hot. Enjoy it for ya boy. We up next."

QB Eagles

Ebonics flows from DMac about as naturally as it flows from a white frat boy.

MDS

havas i would meet up with you but you choose not to carry a cell, so what the farg you big dumb animal.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you