2008 Philadelphia Phillies Season/Playoff Thread (Die Mets Die)

Started by SunMo, March 30, 2008, 09:28:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Imagine that, more RISP and no one getting a hit.

I want to smash Jimmy's hands with a hammer so he cannot pick up a bat for awhile. Pop up city, baaaaaby!

And Ankiel goes deep on King now.

Useless farging losers.

BigEd76

and Beltran hit a 3-run HR off Lincecum

METS GONNA BE 1.5 BACK SON

ice grillin you

mets are a better team than the phillies just as they were better last year...the difference this year is that the mets couldnt possibly have a meltdown of historic porportions again....or can they?
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

LBIggle

whatever "it" is they don't have it.

if they were going to rely on the offense like last year they needed to keep the offense the same.. not lose rowand and add nothing.

if they were going to rely more on pitching they needed to add a starter.  myers was not it.

and now we have this.

LBIggle

MDS

why not use ge off here? waste him instead of dobbsy.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

LBIggle

now they've resorted to howard trying to bunt his way on.

MDS

franklin getting a save was good for my fantasy team. so eat it.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Don Ho

Quote from: L-ong-B-each-I-ggle on July 08, 2008, 09:22:42 PM
now they've resorted to howard trying to bunt his way on.

truly the WTF? of the week.  howard bunting in that situation was beyond priceless.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

The BIGSTUD

This team just isn't that good. Even with a solid #2 starter they have no shot to win the WS. None.

I'd be sellers at this point, not buyers.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

PhillyPhreak54

What a steaming pile of trash this team is.

They can't hit with runners on and it reminds me of the past several years and is extremely frustrating.

Rollins...what the farg.

Double plays all over the place. Ruiz is an abortion at the plate.

SD_Eagle5

All this offense and they can't produce squat. The amount of DPs tonight was a disgrace. I'd really consider bringing Marson up from the minors, dude is tearing it up in AA. Who cares if he's ready or not, he can't be any worse than Chooch.

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on July 08, 2008, 10:06:13 PM
What a steaming pile of trash this team is.

They can't hit with runners on and it reminds me of the past several years and is extremely frustrating.

Rollins...what the farg.

Double plays all over the place. Ruiz is an abortion at the plate.

almost word for word how i "summed" up the game to my neighbor.  Cards fan who missed the score and he asked me what happened after i told him hammels only gave up 3 hits over 7 innings.  I think i used a few more "F" bombs.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

BigEd76

tonight's game is on ESPN for the out-of-towners.  Rain delayed it to 7:45