The 'Mass-Shooting In The US' thread

Started by Father Demon, February 14, 2008, 05:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General_Failure

Ex-girlfriend of Wisconsin gunman arrested on weapon charge

QuoteFederal authorities said they were treating the attack as a possible act of domestic terrorism. Page was involved in white supremacist groups and was a member of skinhead rock bands.

Quote from: Diomedes on August 05, 2012, 11:15:10 PM
Quote from: General_Failure on August 05, 2012, 07:49:27 PMHistory of hate crimes against Sikhs since 9/11.

How many people who read this sort of posting actually learn something from it?  I mean, it's just a circlejerk, isn't it?

Sometimes news is okay just being news and not educational. I would say that I'd prefer if people saw more of this kind of news, but I'd rather it weren't news in the first place. If the choice is between something like this an "A Terrorist Fist Jab" then I think I'd prefer if more people saw this kind of news.

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

My point is, if a million people read this, maybe five of them came over from Fox News, and they didn't bother to finish the article.  It's preaching to the converted.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

General_Failure

And my point is it isn't preaching, just news like news should be.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Diomedes on August 08, 2012, 06:46:21 AM
My point is, if a million people read this, maybe five of them came over from Fox News, and they didn't bother to finish the article.  It's preaching to the converted.

Pretty much.  The only people who read it and agree with it are people who agreed with it before it was even written.  Stories like that aren't converting anyone or changing people's minds.  They're just giving people something to post on their facebook to share with friends who think exactly like they do. 

PoopyfaceMcGee

Latest locale: Texas A&M University. Many people shot, still being sorted out.

PhillyPhreak54

All the ex-Aggies here in my office are trippin out

General_Failure

Quote from: FastFreddie on August 13, 2012, 02:24:04 PM

Well, nobody can use the "if they were armed" excuse this time.

rjs246

Quote from: General_Failure on August 13, 2012, 02:35:49 PM

That was my first thought too.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: rjs246 on August 13, 2012, 02:40:15 PM
Quote from: General_Failure on August 13, 2012, 02:35:49 PM

That was my first thought too.

Some of those shot were armed officers, and yeah, might have been a few others armed in the area.

General_Failure

Why Oak Creek Isn't Being Treated as a Tragedy for All Americans

QuoteThe media has treated the shootings in Oak Creek very differently from those that happened just two weeks earlier in Aurora. Only one network sent an anchor to report live from Oak Creek, and none of the networks gave the murders in Wisconsin the kind of extensive coverage that the Colorado shootings received.

rjs246

Five people shot in front of the Empire State Building according to cnn.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

ice grillin you

QuoteA dispute between coworkers exploded into gunfire outside the Empire State Building this morning — with the guman killing an innocent bystander before he was fatally shot by police, sources said.

There were a total of 10 people struck — and the 9 a.m. shooting sent panicked pedestrians scrambling from the jam-packed intersection of 34th Street and Fifth Avenue.

"This is the last thing you are expecting to see walking to work – someone shot dead in broad daylight in Midtown," said Sid Dinsay, 38, who works in a PR firm on Fifth Avenue.

"I am shocked – something like this is enough to rattle your nerves. My nerves are rattled right now."

It's unclear what sparked the deadly argument, which happened in the heart of the morning rush on a street loaded with commuters and tourists.

The two men fought right on the sidewalk before one suddenly drew his weapon and opened fire.
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

DH

My buddy was there earlier today - enjoy..

Seabiscuit36

Sounds like a mob hit. 

Shotguns should be banned, according to CNN they didn't that you could fire so many rounds. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.