07/08 Phillies Offseason Thread

Started by MDS, October 07, 2007, 01:02:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on November 07, 2007, 09:37:23 AM
Oh, I see... so it was available only to season ticket holders?

Weird.  Especially considering people who don't attend games in person are more likely to listen to and/or watch the various broadcasters they employ.

Yeah, that makes absolutely no sense.  I know some people still show up with walkmans and what not and tune to the radio broadcast of the game but that's a pretty small percentage.  If they're going to ask about their radio/tv commentators then they should open it up to the people who most likely use those 2 mediums.....non-season ticket holders.   

PoopyfaceMcGee

Wouldn't season ticket holders be the most likely group to watch/listen when the team's on the road, though?

Wingspan

Quote from: Sgt PSN on November 07, 2007, 10:34:54 AM
Quote from: Jerome99RIP on November 07, 2007, 09:37:23 AM
Oh, I see... so it was available only to season ticket holders?

Weird.  Especially considering people who don't attend games in person are more likely to listen to and/or watch the various broadcasters they employ.

Yeah, that makes absolutely no sense.  I know some people still show up with walkmans and what not and tune to the radio broadcast of the game but that's a pretty small percentage.  If they're going to ask about their radio/tv commentators then they should open it up to the people who most likely use those 2 mediums.....non-season ticket holders.   

Most season ticket holders do not have a full season.

I have the 17 game plan.

So it's more likely the phils don't give a crap about the opinions of the people who are not paying to see them.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

ice grillin you

the main problem with the season tickets holders is a large number of them are seamhead homers...the kind of fans that love "wheels"...of course the ancient shibe park fans love wheels as well

wheels wins
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

whats there to get worked up over. harry hates wheels, whitey hated wheels, the fans complained about him in droves a few years ago, yet....he still has a job. one of these days hes going to die, and that'll be it.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Wingspan

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 07, 2007, 10:59:27 AM
the main problem with the season tickets holders is a large number of them are seamhead homers...the kind of fans that love "wheels"...of course the ancient shibe park fans love wheels as well

wheels wins

I know you enjoy trying to poke hornets nests...but I have never met anyone who liked Wheeler.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

ice grillin you

far more people hate wheels than like him in general
but the season ticket holders and the lunatic phillie fans
the kind of fans as you pointed out that the phillies care about
the phillie fans who hate the eagles
and hate sports in the city in general
but love the phillies
all worship wheels
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Wingspan

Is that a telegram?

Keep this link here for future reference, Icee.
Connection Problems

Rome

Quote from: Wingspan on November 07, 2007, 11:07:23 AM
I know you enjoy trying to poke hornets nests...but I have never met anyone who liked Wheeler.

I've never met a single Phillies fan who even tolerate Wheeler much less "love" him.  Hell, even his wife wears ear muffs when they make love.

And before you ask, no, I don't have pix.  Freaks.

MDS

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on November 07, 2007, 12:44:34 PM
Quote from: Wingspan on November 07, 2007, 11:07:23 AM

I've never met a single Phillies fan who even tolerate Wheeler much less "love" him.  Hell, even his wife wears ear muffs when they make love.

And before you ask, no, I don't have pix.  Freaks.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Don Ho

some people still show up with walkmans and what not and tune to the radio broadcast of the game but that's a pretty small percentage.    

people i want to party with.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyGirl

I'm not a season ticket holder and I got htat email.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Wingspan

I would guess that you are a former season ticket holder, and they were just too lazy to take you off the list. Or that you bought enough seats under your account that you count for something.

Connection Problems

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Don Ho on November 07, 2007, 02:06:14 PM
some people still show up with walkmans and what not and tune to the radio broadcast of the game but that's a pretty small percentage.    

people i want to party with.

Like this guy: