07/08 Phillies Offseason Thread

Started by MDS, October 07, 2007, 01:02:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhanInDC

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

SunMo

Costanzo is hitting .177 in the Arizona Fall League

not exactly what you want to see from your supposed future at 3rd base
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

what ridiculous is entertaining the notion that the phillies after just having won their division would sit on their asses and wait for mike farging costanzo to arrive and maybe be a player in three years rather than try to improve a position of need right now is sickening

thats what the royals and pirates do
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

BigEd76

Not even the Royals anymore.  KC wants Torii Hunter

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyPhreak54

Its about time Jimmy got him one. Good to see Rowand get one too; his departing gift from this city as we watch them not re-sign him.

Coco Crisp? farging kidding me?

I dont care about 3B because not every position will be stacked. They aren't getting anyone of significance there anyways because there's no one out there. ARod? Nice dream, but no way they pay that cash. Who else is there? Aaron bleeping Boone? I thought they'd actually sign him and then pimp him to us because his Dad was a Phillie and tell us those wonderful stories about little Aaron on the Vet turf during BP as a young lad.

Get pitching. And re-sign Rowand.

Rome

Rowand's not coming back so you can forget him.  And Mike Lowell won't be a Phillie either.  Schilling's already a Sox so say bye-bye.  Of the other top free agents you can forget about A-Rod, Jones, Hunter, Gagne, or even Carlos Silva.  All of them are out of the Phillies price range because the Phillies are a small market team.  Well, they are despite the fact that Philly is the fourth largest television market in America and the Phillies had over 3,000,000 in attendance last year.

The lineup is going to look similar to last year's and the pitching staff will be slightly better but only if everyone who pitched well this year is brought back and pitches well again.

Get used to it because as long as the ownership is what it is the Phillies will never do what needs to be done to win it all.

Period, end of story.

Sgt PSN

Phreak, I'd agree about them not going after a 3b if they hadn't shown Nunez the door already.  But now they don't have any reliable glove on the corner and they need one there.  I could really care less about offensive production from that position because they should have plenty as it is from everywhere else.  Of course, if they landed someone who could field the position and hit then it's a bonus, imo.  Helms almost as bad at 3rd and Howard is at 1st.  That's not good.  

MDS

I'm not even starting on the Nunez discussion anymore.

The guy I want to trade for is Miguel Tejada. Sure, he costs $13 million. But Bodymore wants to unload so you can get on the cheap, rather, than trading away studs to get Fatty Cabrera. He will move to 3rd and secure the offense, letting the Phils go out and get some journeyman to play RF. Since pitching still remains the top priority, this of course will mean the Phillies must not give a shtein about payroll. Which of course will never happen. Why do I even bother.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyGirl

I voted.

ANd made some comments too.  :evil
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Rome

It would be nice if someone could post a link to the questionnaire so we could all play along. 

Wingspan

It was for season ticket holders.

I got it too. I did not vote well in any category.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Rome

Oh, I see... so it was available only to season ticket holders?

Weird.  Especially considering people who don't attend games in person are more likely to listen to and/or watch the various broadcasters they employ.

Whatever, though.  Wheeler's not going anywhere and neither are any of the other hacks.  As long as Harry's still the #1 PBP guy I can tune out the other fools.