Best/Worst liked Dog Breeds

Started by hbionic, July 12, 2007, 07:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Geez, look at his farging feet. Gonna be a good size dog.

Seabiscuit36

as of Monday he's 18.6lbs at 9 1/2 weeks.  He's gonna push 100 we think, but he'll have the big blocky build.
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Tomahawk

PhillyPhreak54

When did boxers become considered an aggressive species?

I was in my apartment office today and they told some people they couldn't have their boxer here because of that. I've never heard of boxers having aggression issues and biting.

mussa

They are protective territorial dogs. If mistreated could possibly be aggressive towards humans. Weirder things have happened?
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Sgt PSN

Most dogs are protective and territorial.  And nearly all dogs, if mistreated will be aggressive towards humans.  It could be a Boxer or a Yorkie. 

But yeah, I've never once heard of Boxers being aggressive or anything for no reason.  Fun, intelligent dogs that think they have hands.  The dog I adopted last year is Sheppard/Lab on one side and Boxer/Pug on the other.  The Boxer really stands out because he's so active with his front paws. 

Your apartment complex is stupid. 

PhillyPhreak54

Yeah I grew up with boxers - we had three when I was a kid and never once did any of them get crazy or aggressive.

Diomedes

The allegation that boxers are intelligent dogs is more shocking than that they might be aggressive.

Sweet things but not smart.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

Smart as in ease of training them.  They definitely seem to lack "common sense" but are easy to train. Mine, even though he's only part Boxer, still hasn't figured out that tile floor throughout the house means no running. Dumb ass crashes into walls every day.

lurking wierdo

Yeti

"It's only a matter of time before we get to the future."

Hbionic

Don Ho

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

SunMo

picked up a Morkie over the weekend.  that's a maltese/yorkie mix.  he's a small little guy, about 3 lbs now and will only grow to be about 7-8 lbs.  gay dog, yes, but it's for my girl and that's what she wanted.  i got to name him though...dawkins

this is my first dog owning as a puppy since i was a kid.  i get the basics of house breaking, but i'm having trouble getting him to leak on his mat by the door.  when he pees on the carpet do i punish him?  yell?  smack him?  how do i get him to consistently go where he should go?
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.