Best/Worst liked Dog Breeds

Started by hbionic, July 12, 2007, 07:48:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

shut up

get another dog

it'll be fine
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhanInDC

Finally decided on a new dog, we pick her up around Thanksgiving.

She's an American Bulldog.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Seabiscuit36

awesome, my neighbors just got one last week, freaking awesome pup
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

shorebird

Cool, looks like an American Bulldog named Petey.

shorebird

Crazy, I'm sitting here at the pc while this thread gets bumped, and my choc lab goes to the door to be let out. Thing is, it's friggen' pouring. This dog, he goes outside and leaks on his favorite marsh grass, and just sniffs around looking for a place for no. 2. Just walking around like it's a sunny summer day. It's like he doesn't even know it's raining. It's been 5 min. and he hasn't come back to the door yet.

Yeah, he'll smell real good when he comes in. Nothing like the smell of wet water dog in the afternoon.

phattymatty

awesome, i was just looking at bulldogs recently.  you get her from a pound or buy her from a breeder?

PhillyPhanInDC

We're getting her from a breeder just about an hour from Reading. I'm not into spending huge dollars on a dog, especially hunting or working dogs, as I don't generally "work" the dogs, although generally, I train them to do what they are bread for, just not competition. This dog will probably be my first go at Shutzhund training. After finding this breeder through a friend, she said she generally picks two pups from the litter to be family dogs, as they generally don't have as much prey drive as some of the other's in the litter as such, it's a pretty cheap purchase.

Here are a couple relatives:

I've already had some people at work think (from the puppy picks alone) that the dog is a pit-bull, and therefore bloodthirsty and insane. ABs have zero in common will Pits.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

rjs246

Let them eat bootstraps.

Father Demon

Quote from: PPinDC on November 13, 2008, 03:15:13 PM
She's an American Bulldog.

That is the exact dog I want when my current one finally kicks it.  Wife and middle boy want a little lapdog that's fuzzy (no, he's not a homo. He had his face chewed off by a Sheppard a number of years ago).  I need to convince them otherwise.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

rjs246

Tell your boy to rub some dirt on it and tighten up. My little sister burnt her face off years ago while drinking a flaming shot. Didn't stop her from drinking. Or lighting shtein on fire.

Let them eat bootstraps.

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyPhanInDC

American Bulldogs are one of the top ranked breeds in terms of temperament, and are ridiculously good with children. Another positive is they are extremely aggressive towards minorities and farging squirrels.

mussa

good looking dogs, how much are you paying if you don't mind me asking?
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

PhillyPhanInDC