2007 Philadelphia Phillies Thread - DIVISION CHAMPS MOTHER fargER!!!!

Started by SunMo, March 26, 2007, 01:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

Carlos Carrasco.

The Braves gave up Davies. Granted he wasn't thought as as highly as he was in the past, but he's still got a little hope that he pans out.

I want in on the Phils not winning another game on the trip too. $$$$$$$ for me.

They'll win tonight.

By the way, Dobbs is leading off tonight. Roberson in RF hitting 8th.

MDS

Interesting lineup. The Howard/Rowing/Butt Jutt trifecta is indeed working, makes sense not to farg with it even though you now have Dobbs leading off. Chuckles did offset that by putting Coste 7th and catching, perhaps he will faze out Barajas and that icehole will be cut once Utley comes back.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

BigEd76

The Braves gave up four of their top 10 prospects plus Davies for two guys that may not be on the team in 2009

Don Ho

Quote from: MDS on July 31, 2007, 05:15:29 PM
Bourn and Vic to the DL
Werth and Roberson up
Condrey waived for Lohse, Real Deal to the pen
Mateo to AAA

I smell 3rd place.

They'll probably pick up a reliever in a few weeks who gets waived.

Zolecki also said Victorino should be ready to go after the 15 days, but Bourn may take longer.

smells like shtein to me :(
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Geowhizzer

From what I've read/heard, Mateo has a real live arm.

Especially with regards to his poor wife, unfortunately.

ice grillin you

i actually take that proclomation back...i forgot the cubs series was four games

1-5 the rest of the way

The Braves gave up four of their top 10 prospects plus Davies for two guys that may not be on the team in 2009

lol  

easy youre slowly approaching HOF homerism status

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MDS

i love how igy starts up shtein to try to make himself out to be the enemy. and hes picking an easy target: the phillies. no shtein they wont make the playoffs, so when they finally get eliminated, igy will do his little prancing around talking about how he knew they wont make it and how were all idiots for gettin into it.

guess what jackass, when they win the world series, you aint welcome at the parade. woooo go team.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Well, Coste catching Eaton is a big step to phasing Barajas out. He was Eaton's personal catcher if I'm not mistaken, and now he's not doing anything. So yeah, he should be outta here soon. Hopefully.

Eaglez

Quote from: BigEd76 on July 31, 2007, 07:16:10 PM

They did give up a lot. I guess they think the East is theirs for the taking.

Dobbs leading off? He puts in quality ABs but I don't think he is the fastest guy available. Hell, if they are doing pure OBP might as well put Burrell up there.

I would be reluctant to switch around the lineup right now as well with how Rollins is hitting. Sure, the Phils are sacrificing one more AB for Rollins per game but he is in a better position to drive in runs, and even though their pitching has marginally improved if they have any chance of making it interesting they need to stick with their mentality of just trying to grossly outscore their opponents every chance they get and not rely on winning tight pitching duels.

ice grillin you

and hes picking an easy target: the phillies. no shtein they wont make the playoffs, so when they finally get eliminated, igy will do his little prancing around talking about how he knew they wont make it and how were all idiots for gettin into it.

im not smart for knowing they werent and arent making the playoffs...but yes anyone who thinks they are gonna make it is an idiot...just like i was an idiot last year...what is happening right now is EXACTLY what happened last august sept...how many times are you gonna get into this shtein....its the same team same manager same result...live and learn dunny live and learn

NGM

Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

NGM

Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

ice grillin you

one game down four to go

with the lineup the phils are gonna have to throw out there for at least the next two weeks if the opponent scores smore than two they are pretty much gonna win

Geowhizzer