2007 Philadelphia Phillies Thread - DIVISION CHAMPS MOTHER fargER!!!!

Started by SunMo, March 26, 2007, 01:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

No worry...we've lost 2 OFs..our pitching sucks...and we're the Phillies...

BigEd76

Feva

Quote from: Die-Hard on July 30, 2007, 11:50:29 PM
I think I speak for a majority of Mets fan when I say im a little nervous now. A little.

Hoyda...  ;)
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

ice grillin you

cant wait till all the injuries are used as yet another excuse and charlie and steve smith are back next year

fun times
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Eaglez

I didn't know the Phils had the ability to win a 4-1 game.

Myers did look good. I promptly picked him up for my fantasy team after his seemingly effortless save last night. However, if Victorino and Bourn are out indefinitely it might be thin at the top of the lineup to score runs.

Iguchi is fitting well in the 2 hole though. If Bourn and Victorino are both out for the rest of the series then I'm guessing Iguchi may have lead-off duties. What is everyone thinking lineup-wise?

Iguchi
Rollins/Rowand
Rowand/Rollins
Howard
Burrell
Dobbs
Helms/Nunez
Ruiz
Pitcher

Rome

Rollins
Iguchi
Rowand
Howard
Burrell
Dobbs
Ruiz
Helms
Belly Itcher

Eaglez

Would you really put Rollins back in the lead-off role right now? I know he had his struggles earlier this season batting down in the order but he has found a nice groove hitting in the 3 hole since Utley went down. I don't know if I want to disturb that right now. But Rowand has been hitting well too and could fill that void nicely as well.

Rome

I've been an advocate for moving Rollins down in the order for years.  But these absurd circumstances dictate that he returns until either Victorino or Bourn comes back.  Rollins is the horse that pulls the cart at the moment, and because of that I'd rather put him in a position where he'll get the maximum number of at-bats possible.  That means leadoff.

PoopyfaceMcGee

ice grillin you

1. rollins
2. iguchi
3. burrell
4. choke dog
5. seashell necklace
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Eaglez

Ha. If Pat had marginal speed I would contemplate putting him at lead-off with his OBP. For all of Pat's struggles he went from a very impatient hitter to one that draws a lot of walks and actually strikes out a whole lot less. Too bad he looks so laborious running and has a difficult time getting to "top speed". He did have a nice running catch yesterday though.

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

BigEd76

Nothing new, but Randy Miller thinks it'll be 2 games for Bourn and a DL trip for Victorino, with Roberson getting called up.  It also sounds like Madson will be back in 4-6 weeks.  The MRI wasn't as bad as feared.

Wingspan

Quote from: BigEd76 on July 31, 2007, 11:34:32 AM
Nothing new, but Randy Miller thinks it'll be 2 games for Bourn and a DL trip for Victorino, with Roberson getting called up.  It also sounds like Madson will be back in 4-6 weeks.  The MRI wasn't as bad as feared.

Translated: Bourn might be back in September. And they're making plans for a memorial services for Victorino.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.