2007 Philadelphia Phillies Thread - DIVISION CHAMPS MOTHER fargER!!!!

Started by SunMo, March 26, 2007, 01:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhanInDC

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

good stuff.  they need to win 2 of 3 from Detroit
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

Explain. Watching farging gamecast here....

the 3-2 pitch to uribe was a beautiful obvious strike....alf almost lost it..whipping his glove on the ground...immediately the entire infield and dubee come over to calm him down
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

it's not good to get a pregnant person so upset, that ump should be ashamed of himself

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: SunMo on June 13, 2007, 04:10:08 PM
it's not good to get a pregnant person so upset, that ump should be ashamed of himself
ha...i was telling my boy, if they cut him open it would either be like a shark in Jaws or they would find a 50 pound tumor
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SunMo

PoopyfaceMcGee

QuotePHILADELPHIA -- Aaron Rowand hit a grand slam and drove in five runs, helping the Philadelphia Phillies complete their first home sweep this season with an 8-4 victory over the Chicago White Sox on Wednesday.

Ha!  These guys suck.

MDS

What do you want:

Tue 26 vs. Cin- Lieber
Wed 27 vs. Cin- Kendrick
Thu 28 vs. Cin- Random AAA Pitcher
Fri 29 vs. NYM- Moyer
Fri 29 vs. NYM- Eaton
Sat 30 vs. NYM- Hamels
Sun 1 vs. NYM- Lieber
Mon 2 at Hou- Kendrick

Or

Tue 26 vs. Cin- Kendrick
Wed 27 vs. Cin- Lieber
Thu 28 vs. Cin- Moyer
Fri 29 vs. NYM- Eaton
Fri 29 vs. NYM- Random AAA Pitcher
Sat 30 vs. NYM- Hamels
Sun 1 vs. NYM- Kendrick
Mon 2 at Hou- Lieber

The first requires Moyer to have 6 days in between his starts, and puts two AAA pitchers back to back with a doubleheader and the Mets series the next day. But, you avoid pitching Kendrick and the AAA pitcher for the all-important Mets series. The second is how the rotation would shake down if everything stays as is.

I'm for the first. I doubt Chuckles would think of such a thing, but they might have a chance take over first in the NL East, so why not go with your best pitchers? Just hope the two AAA pitchers don't shtein the bed and kill your bullpen for the Mets series.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Sgt PSN

I'd go with the first too.  It's a 4 game series with the Mets and I'd much rather see the 4 veteran pitchers on the mound for those games.  The only drawback, like you said is that with the young guys pitching back to back games against the Reds is that if they both have bad games then the pen might get worn out. 

Rome

They could always start Brett Myers.

They won't, of course, because doing so would require them to admit that putting him in the bullpen was idiotic in the first place. 

Sgt PSN

When is he due to come off the DL?  Or did he already? 

Rome

I thought he was coming back in a couple of days.  Now I just read this...

QuoteBrett Myers: Out at Least Two More Weeks
RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com
Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Update: The Phillies are now saying that Myers (shoulder) is out at least another two weeks, the Philadelphia Daily News reports.

Recommendation: Initial reports had suggested that Myers could be activated by Monday, but he'll need to make a minor-league rehab stint and was just able to begin throwing off of a mound on Tuesday. Antonio Alfonseca will hold onto the closer's role for what appears to be the rest of June.

Delightful.