2007 Philadelphia Phillies Thread - DIVISION CHAMPS MOTHER fargER!!!!

Started by SunMo, March 26, 2007, 01:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhanInDC

If the context Lo Duca put it in, when he said Hamels stated, "he's the same guy who said, with his stuff, he should throw a no hitter every year", were correct, then I would say sure, Hamels can be an arrogant douche. But when you look at what Hamels actually said, it makes Lo Duca the biggest douce in the universe.

Make no mistake, Hamels said he wanted the no-hitter. In fact, he said he wants to get at least one every season.

"I don't know if it's every pitcher's goal, but it's mine," Hamels said. "It's something that's so far to reach, but you can try to reach it. That's why we're out here. Nobody's going to be perfect. I try to be that way and a perfect game is pretty perfect."

=
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Seabiscuit36

anyone else see that ESPN left Hamels off the Allstar team  :-D 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

ice grillin you

If the context Lo Duca put it in, when he said Hamels stated, "he's the same guy who said, with his stuff, he should throw a no hitter every year", were correct, then I would say sure, Hamels can be an arrogant douche. But when you look at what Hamels actually said, it makes Lo Duca the biggest douce in the universe.

the guy is just an ahole and is clearly carrying on the proud met tradition of

his nickname is red ass or something like that because of his temper....roid rage perhaps??...

steroids + coke = dumb ass comments like the one about hamels
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhanInDC

Not defending Lo Duca, as his comments weren't based on fact in the least, but Cole did kind of fire the first shot:

Lo Duca homer reaction leaves Hamels steamed
PHILLIES NOTEBOOK
By SCOTT LAUBER, The News Journal

Posted Saturday, June 9, 2007
KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Cole Hamels wasn't pleased about serving up back-to-back-to-back home runs in the sixth inning Thursday against the Mets.

But the Phillies ace lefty was downright steamed about Paul Lo Duca's reaction to hitting the third.

Lo Duca, the Mets catcher, flipped his bat and watched the ball clear the left-field wall at Shea Stadium. He hit Hamels' first pitch after a delay while the Phillies protested the reversal of a call that awarded a homer to David Wright. Lo Duca's shot gave the Mets a 3-2 lead.

Hamels didn't immediately see Lo Duca's reaction because he was watching the path of the ball. But he was incensed after seeing the replay.

"You need to act like you've done it before," Hamels said Friday. "He's a veteran. He should know better. It's the old sacred game thing. There are little kids out there that are looking up to you. They look at what happens. That's not the right way to do things."

If he chooses, Hamels will have opportunities to express his displeasure. The Phillies and Mets play 11 more games, including June 29 to July 1 at Citizens Bank Park. If the Phillies starting rotation remains unchanged, Hamels will start in that series.

"It's a situation where you know you're going to face him for the next five, six, 10 years," Hamels said. "It'll be more in his head than mine, because I'll have the ball in my hand, controlling what happens."
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Rome

LoDuca's a stylishly dressed young man.

Cole should drill him in the ear.

PoopyfaceMcGee

...or the anus, but Pauly would probably enjoy that.

ice grillin you

those are some extremely corny comments by cole

but lodoca is still a coke sniffing dickhead

MDS

farg lo duca i hope cole nails him in his vadge.

thome starting today at 1b.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Feva

Quote from: ice grillin you on June 13, 2007, 08:10:32 AM
sunday =

That's actually a pretty nuyce hat.  You're just ugly enough to farg it up, though.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

ice grillin you

it nice till you turn it around and show everyone the six inch wawa ad on the back

SunMo

i like wawa and i like the philles...where is the downside here?
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

tied 1-1

utley with a rbi single, scoring Victorino
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

6 inch wawa hoagie good
6 inch wawa hat advertisement bad

ice grillin you