2007 Philadelphia Phillies Thread - DIVISION CHAMPS MOTHER fargER!!!!

Started by SunMo, March 26, 2007, 01:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

BigEd76

and after it, he was huffing and puffing and Wheels praised him

PoopyfaceMcGee

Chase Utley: genious

QuoteUtley chased Contreras with a two-run single in the fourth that gave the Phillies a 7-2 lead. He was tied with Houston's Carlos Lee for the NL lead in RBI at 52.

"A lot of credit for RBI has to go for guys being on base," Utley said.

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on June 12, 2007, 10:06:10 PM
Some doode on the EMB was just trying to get tickets for Sunday's game (Cole's next start) against the Tiggers.  The game is completely sold out.  Even the SRO's are gone.

Probably a coincidence, but still, the kid is starting to get that aura about him.  Even after he gave up the bombs in the 1st, he didn't looked spooked.  He looked annoyed at himself but still composed.

Very cool.

PS: On the Verlander thing... dook was hitting 101 mph in the 9th inning.  That's unfair.
The wifey let me get a Cole Hamels autographed pic from Brandywine Sports Collectibles last saturday.  It was only 50 bucks, i told her this was a deal that you cant pass up. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Wingspan

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on June 12, 2007, 10:06:10 PM
Some doode on the EMB was just trying to get tickets for Sunday's game (Cole's next start) against the Tiggers.  The game is completely sold out.  Even the SRO's are gone.

Probably a coincidence, but still, the kid is starting to get that aura about him.  Even after he gave up the bombs in the 1st, he didn't looked spooked.  He looked annoyed at himself but still composed.

Very cool.

PS: On the Verlander thing... dook was hitting 101 mph in the 9th inning.  That's unfair.

Hamels's next start is monday in cleveland.

And Sunday is fathers day.

But yeah...you're right.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Rome

That's weird.  I could have sworn Harry or Wheels said he was going to face Verlander on Sunday.

You're right, though.  Eaton is scheduled to go on Sunday.

ice grillin you

bondermen - leiber
miller - moyer
verlander - eaton

sunday =

friday is sound of philadelphia nite....that should be great
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

ice grillin you

havent you gotten enough hats with holes lately

PhillyPhanInDC

Guillen on Hamels after last night:

''When you face a pitcher like that, you've got to hold the other team,'' White Sox manager Ozzie Guillen said. ''The kid is legit. He's the best pitcher we've faced from the National League so far.''

:yay

Hamels wasn't even on his A-game last night.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyPhreak54

I hope Thome gets a nice ovation today.

I also hope Polanco, who should be our 3B right now, gets a good ovation too when he comes to town.

I can't wait until the Mets come to town at the end of the month and LoDoca has to face Hamels. He ripped Cole on WFAN yesterday.

ice grillin you

SD_Eagle5

Wifebeater made these comments on WFAN:
QuoteOn Hamels: "I could really give a rat's a**...maybe if he was Randy Johnson or Roger Clemens...but how many years has he been in the league? I really don't care....he's the same guy who said that with his stuff he should throw a no hitter every year (laughter from all) so uh...we can end that right there, you know what I mean?"

ice grillin you

what a farging icehole....im a huge proponent of trash talking but that guy is just a fleshpop...god i hate ny