2007 Philadelphia Phillies Thread - DIVISION CHAMPS MOTHER fargER!!!!

Started by SunMo, March 26, 2007, 01:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

Quote from: MURP on June 02, 2007, 09:16:22 PM
watching Cole Hamels makes me want to punch Gavin Floyd in the skull.
Reading you type Gavin Floyd's name makes me want to punch anyone in the skull, what a waste of talent. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

NGM

About the only thing I care about for the rest of this season is Cole getting 20 wins and a Cy Young at the end of the year.  He is the first pitcher in the NL to 8 wins.  :yay
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

Sgt PSN

Didn't Carlton pick up a Cy Young during what was otherwise a pretty bad season for the Phils back in the mid/late 70's?

NGM

Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

SunMo

1972 - he was 27-10 and the team was 59-97

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Sgt PSN on June 03, 2007, 01:25:27 PM
Didn't Carlton pick up a Cy Young during what was otherwise a pretty bad season for the Phils back in the mid/late 70's?

1972.  Carlton went 27-10, including 15 wins in a row.  The Phillies as a team won only 59 games, so Carlton won 45% or so of the games.

SunMo

that year was incredible...41 starts and 37 decisions, 30 complete games, 346 IP, 17 home runs allowed, 310 strikeouts, 1.97 ERA

just incredible

SunMo

Geowhizzer

Quote from: SunMo on June 03, 2007, 01:48:37 PM
then the next year he goes 13-20

And that began his "Silent Steve" era, because he got pissed off at Bill Conlin.

BigEd76

ha....Sal Fasano started a Toronto rally yesterday with a bunt single down the 3rd base line

Utley and Rowand just put the Phils ahead 3-2...5th inning

BigEd76

...and just like that, it's 5-3 Giants.  Garcia sucks ass

Rome

Nice to see Cholly leaving Garcia in to work through those problems.  He really has been a revelation this year.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo