2007 Philadelphia Phillies Thread - DIVISION CHAMPS MOTHER fargER!!!!

Started by SunMo, March 26, 2007, 01:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Good thing that the Phils added those 4 runs in the top of the 9th because Myers has already given up a run and they've got a man on 2nd with one out. 

ice grillin you

Alfonseca (7th), Flash (8th), Myers (9th) might not be too bad

the way gordon looks it certainly appears that we are headed this way....the question is can gordon even be a set up man at this point in his career...it may be that hes completely done
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Sgt PSN

Myers closes it out and the Phils have their first winning streak of the year. 

NGM

My line of thought was maybe if they move him out of a pressure situation then he might perform better.  I really hope he hasn't lost his stuff, that would suck. 

I also wonder if Myers can hold up to the mental part of being a closer. 
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

ice grillin you

thats a valid point about myers...he might even be mentally weaker than mcnabb

MDS

gordon has been shtein since his injury last year. hes cooked. 

myers should be the closer, with alfonseca the setup man and it appears that geary might have to be the 7th inning dude, though gillick should really get on bringing in another arm here..

good win today
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Geowhizzer

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 22, 2007, 04:35:44 PM
Alfonseca (7th), Flash (8th), Myers (9th) might not be too bad

the way gordon looks it certainly appears that we are headed this way....the question is can gordon even be a set up man at this point in his career...it may be that hes completely done

I can't remember who said this (may have been Rob Dibble on XM Radio), but someone said that Gordon appears to be afraid to throw his good curveball - like it hurts his elbow to throw it too much.

If he's counting on fastballs and cutters, he's screwed.  He needs that curve to be effective.

Rome

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on April 20, 2007, 09:33:19 PM
Myers looked filthy.  The batter he walked he had at least two pitches called balls that were strikes and he looked really annoyed by it.

That's the thing I worry about with him.  I don't know if he has the temperment to close.

Quote from: NGM on April 22, 2007, 04:38:19 PM
My line of thought was maybe if they move him out of a pressure situation then he might perform better.  I really hope he hasn't lost his stuff, that would suck. 

I also wonder if Myers can hold up to the mental part of being a closer. 

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 22, 2007, 04:39:47 PM
thats a valid point about myers...he might even be mentally weaker than mcnabb

Ahem...   ;)

Nice win for the Sillies today.  I listened to the game on my handy-dandy roadie XM player while my daughter was swimming in the pool this afternoon.  I have to say I was shocked that they tacked on four runs in the ninth.  I had a dreadful feeling they were going to throw it away again today.  Maybe they've actually turned the corner because Utley is starting to smack the shtein out the ball and the rest of the team doesn't look completely clueless at the plate either.

Big series against the Nats.  A sweep of those bums would be noish.

BigEd76

Let's beat Houston first.

Next weekend vs Florida, it looks like they'll face both Anibal Sanchez and D-Train...

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

ice grillin you

cant believe they spent 25 million on eaton while they have no closer and overall one of the worst pens in all of baseball

MDS

Gillick panicked and got Eaton because they couldn't nab a top flight starter. But a little bit later, they made the trade for Freddy Garcia (who is not a top flight starter, but still pretty good). All the while Lieber was under contract and probably better than Eaton.

Also loved the exchange in the booth:
On screen graphic reads: Chris Sampson- Auburn (A) 1999...then his stats under it as a shortstop

Wheels: Oh one of those Auburn guys
Harry: No actually he went to Texas Tech
Long pause
Wheels: Yea so he went to Texas Tech and played minor league ball in Auburn, he was out of baseball for three years and pitched a real good game against the Phillies last year (repeating stuff he said 4 times already in the broadcast).

Easy, easy thing to get confused over. Mistaking Auburn the college with Auburn the single A baseball team. But Wheels is so ridiculous that he can't even laugh off that minor, minor misreading. What a tool.

ice grillin you

he could have possibly laughed it off if it wasnt harry who corrected him...no way is he letting that happen and admitting it

harry was all too happy to do it to

MDS

probably yea. but it was a little mistake. i made the same one right when i saw the graphic, but quickly realized the "a" next to auburn, signifying that it was the minors, not college.

wheels is a fleshpophead, plain and simple. he loves correcting harry when he forgets things or gets calls wrong because hes old and crazy. then it happens to him once and he acts like a pompous assmuncher.

SunMo

charlie manuel is a MORON!

take one of your hotter hitters out of a 3 run game in the 6th inning!?  when your bullpen is shtein?

and you put in a brain dead rook who has no business being on this level. 

what a dumb farg
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.