UFC / MMA

Started by MURP, February 04, 2007, 11:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MURP

wow.  hope any of you into MMA were watching.  literally jumped out of my chair after that punch. sweet baby jesus.

Feva

Yeah, I saw it.  fedor knocked the dog shtein out of him.  Don't know if there was ever a better placed punch.  The fact that Rodgers didn't go stiff and completely out afterwards is amazing.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

MURP

i recorded it and re watched about 50 times... sounds like a baseball bat hitting a punching bag.  ha.

MDS

how far would a "this stuff is barbaric and really trashy" discussion go? ok i wont even start.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

MURP

UFC 105 tonight on SPIKE

UFC 105: Couture vs. Vera

MAIN CARD

* Randy Couture vs. Brandon Vera
    * Dan Hardy vs. Mike Swick
    * Michael Bisping vs. Denis Kang
    * Matt Brown vs. James Wilks
    * Ross Pearson vs. Aaron Riley

Seabiscuit36

Nice. Ill have watch that after the flyers
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Drunkmasterflex

Apparently Lesnar's illness may cost him his MMA career.  I hope that isn't true. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

MURP

Rampage says he is coming back to fight Rashad.

next seasons TUF coaches are Chuck Liddell and Tito Ortiz.

nice.

phattymatty

I DVR'ed the whole season and it's basically the first time I've ever watch MMA but I'm starting to dig it.  As much as Mitrione was kind of a bitch on the show, I liked watching him knock Marcus Jones's shtein out.  I would assume Jones is done for good, doesn't seem like he's all there.  Thought that Schaub would have one the whole thing though.

mussa

Big Country is good, elite heavy weight good, I don't think, but he's def more than meets the eye. Its really hard for people to like him because MMA is 99% guys who are in and look to be in amazing shape. this guy just looks straight out of the trailer trash and looks like a piece of shtein, but he's actually a very good fighter.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

MURP

Jones has to be done.  To be still raw at 36 and have no chin doesnt bode well for his MMA future.

Dan Henderson just signed with Strikeforce (CBS/Showtime).

Seabiscuit36

http://poststuff5.entensity.net/121409/flash.php?media=ufc1072.flv

NSFW link, but here's the Penn vs Sanchez fight, Penn blew his head up
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

SunMo

holy farg that cut is awful
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Seabiscuit36

i think you can drive a car into it

mussa

Watched Evans v Thiago Silva - Rashad looked awesome til the last round when Thiago baited him into a slugfest. Rashad was lucky Thiago couldn't follow up and was too winded to finish him.

Then caught Fedor v Brett Rogers on Strikeforce. Was very surprised in Brett Rogers abilities. He put up a good fight, at one point had Fedor on his back and was raining down strikes on Fedors head and somehow survived one round. It was pretty close in round one. Fedor landed a full out over hand right and dropped Rogers like a child early in the 2nd and it was over. Fedors strikes are the most violent strikes I have ever seen in MMA. Even when Rogers landed a punch and charged Fedor has total control, and tossed Rogers around like a rag doll even though Rogers was much larger. Unreal. I wish somehow, someway there could be a Lesner v Fedor fight, but that prob will never happen with his sickness and Dana Whites arrogance.

Say goodnight Brett Rogers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMfjwaOJGFQ

Either way I think Fedor would beat Lesner. I'm sure Lesner would give him the fight of his life with his size, wrestling experience and athleticism, but Fedor's technique is unmatchable and on top of that his strikes are so powerful and deadly accurate. He is the best fighter in the world. Sorry Anderson, sorry St. Pierre. Fedor is the man
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"