UFC / MMA

Started by MURP, February 04, 2007, 11:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seabiscuit36

yeah, Rampage wants to be MR T, and didnt like that Dana was talking trash about him acting. 
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

Tomahawk

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on September 24, 2009, 12:22:46 PM
According to the bottom line Rampage Jackson said on his blog he is retiring.  Dana White has to be pissed, that kind of ruins the new season of TUF.

He's gotta be contractually obligated to fight. Maybe he meant he plans to retire after Rashad kicks his ass

MURP

no - he means now.   any fighter is free to retire, but the UFC will have his rights if he does want to fight again, so he couldn't just go join another organization.   of course it could all be a publicity stunt....

Tomahawk

Kimbo Slice got smothered, but it looks like he'll be back to replace an injured fighter later in the season. Too bad too - it's almost painful watching a guy with absolutely zero ground game

Drunkmasterflex

That fight was absolutely awful, Big Country did nothing to really hurt him.  But like you said he had no ground game. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

mussa

Ugh yeah. He didn't even try to attempt a ground game. he just layed there and did nothing. then again, i thinkwith big country on top of you might be in the same position.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Feva

I love Rampage's explanation.... "It was like having the moon on top a ya.  How you gon move the moon up off ya?!"  :-D

The result came as absolutely no surprise though.  This is why a lot of fans hate Kimbo because he was given all this fame as a MMArtist with NO ground game skills at all.  I like Kimbo, but I don't think he has a chance in hell of winning the show... though I would like to see him knock somebody out before he's done for good on the show.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Drunkmasterflex

I gained a new respect for Evans after this TUF.  He tried to help Rampage's fighter after the fight.   Rampage was no where to be found.  It was a good fight.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

mussa

Going to a MMA fight here in Lanc at the convention center tomorrow. Should be interesting
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

MDS

if you see any black people, holla @ me
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Tomahawk

How did Shogun not win that fight? UFC must be as corrupt as boxing

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: MDS on October 22, 2009, 07:48:55 PM
if you see any black people, holla @ me

There were some black people there, but there were too many of the WWF type white trash. 

Tomahawk

Marcus Jones (DE-TB) looked pretty badass in his fight. I thought he broke the guys arm

phattymatty

yeah i've never been into MMA before but started taping the Ultimate Fighter this year just because it's heavyweights.  jones surprised me, thought he was going to be a huge pansy but he might be one of the front runners now. 

but not many good fights at all so far.  that abe dude getting pummeled in the very first episode might have been the best to watch.  and rampage is good for tv i guess but couldn't have picked a worse person to actually coach these guys. 

MURP

tonight  9pm - cbs.  Fedor vs Rodgers.