UFC / MMA

Started by MURP, February 04, 2007, 11:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MURP

I thought Forrest won the fight straight up.   Great fight overall, would love to see a rematch sometime down the road.    How about Cole Miller submitting Gurgel with no time left?  Sweet move.    I think Koscheck is my least favorite fighter in all of the UFC.   Dude just pisses me off.

The best rumor is that if Liddell beats Evans... than Griffin/Liddell would be the next match... with Rampage facing the winner.   Either way that would make Griffin/Rampage 2   OR  Liddell/Rampage 3.      pefect, unless Evans wins.  ha. 

Drunkmasterflex

I would be really surprised if Evans beats Liddell, if he does Chuck needs to hang it up.  It is kind of weird in UFC that a guy always has to have at least one other fight before there is a rematch.  Liddell/Griffin would be a great match up, two of the most popular fighters in UFC. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

mussa

I think Chuck was done along time ago. Forrest would kill Chuck IMO
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Feva

Come on, Rampage...  :-\

QuoteFormer UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton "Rampage" Jackson was arrested Tuesday afternoon at about 1:30 p.m. Pacific Time in Newport Beach, Calif. on suspicion of felony evading, hit-and-run and reckless driving.

According to Lt. Paul Dondero of the Costa Mesa Police Department, "A Costa Mesa traffic officer observed a large pick-up weaving in and out of traffic" with a blown out front left tire. The driver of that pick-up was later identified as Quinton Jackson.

The officer attempted to get the driver to stop, but he did not. Instead, he continued to evade police as he headed southbound on Newport Boulevard. At one point, the driver crossed over a median, "causing pedestrians to flee, going the wrong way on the northbound side of Newport Boulevard," heading into oncoming traffic.

The chase continued with the driver hitting a parked vehicle, running through red lights, and causing more pedestrians to jump out of the path of the pick-up, one front left tire now disintegrated.

The pursuit eventually came to a halt as the pick-up stopped near the intersection of 18th Street and Newport Boulevard in the city of Newport Beach.

After being taken into custody by the Costa Mesa Police Department, Jackson was later transferred to the Orange County Police Department with bail set at $25,000.

Lt. Dondero said that Jackson is also under suspicion from the California Highway Patrol of being involved in two other separate collisions that occurred earlier on the 55 freeway.

There were no charges of drugs or alcohol being involved, according to Lt. Dondero.

UFC president Dana White reportedly has flown to Orange County to post bail for Jackson, according to Kevin Iole and Dave Meltzer of Yahoo! Sports.

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Diomedes

Forrest Griffin has a way with words

on being the light-heavyweight champ:  "It's the oxymoron division...I'm the champion of the oxymorons."

on how many stitches it took to close cuts to his face:  "all of them."

comparing himself to other UFC/MMA champs:  "Every other champion but me is terrifying.  I'm just a dude trying to put it together."
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Drunkmasterflex

That is why Forrest is such a fan favorite, he is a "normal" guy with extraordinary heart and desire.  Not to mention he is now a really good fighter. 

Fedor beat Tim Sylvia in 36 seconds last night. 

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

MURP

Well Anderson Silva and Fedor put on some amazingly fast ass whoopings.     I like how they put Couture out there at the end and tried to hype that up. Hopefully the UFC just lets Couture go so we can see the damn fight we all want to see.  Fedor/Couture.

Drunkmasterflex

I can't see Dana White just letting him go, while it would be nice that is just not his style. 

phillymic2000

Anderson Silva was sick, grabbed the kick and dropped him :o. One of the best KO's I have ever seen happened after the main event. Markham was getting rocked by Farber. As Farber came in with his hands dropped, Markham clocked him with a right kick to the head and he was out on his feet. It was amazing!

mussa

Fedor just made Sylvia his bitch. Silva just proves he's also equally impressive as Fedor. That Markham knockout was brutal. Great knockout!
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

mussa

i saw this late night last night and remembered how awesome it was...don frye was an animal

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6315113964671200441

SunMo

Sportscenter is teasing a piece on kids doing MMA...and they have a soundbite of some douche calling it child abuse.

i'm already angry.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Diomedes

boxing is legal
so is karate, kung fu, jujitsu, tae kwon do, judo
kick boxing is legal
wrestling is legal

so what the hell is so wrong with all of 'em combined into one?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD_Eagle5

This is probably a long shot but anyone on here do any MMA? I started training and sparring with a few buddies of mine a year or two ago but have since fallen out of shape. I only have limited training but have been looking at getting back into some form of martial arts. My one buddy does Brazilian Jiu Jitzu and my other buddy does a Thai style but they're both very advanced so I'm looking for a good start up. They've recommended a few ideas but they're out of my price range and it's like an hour drive from where I'm at.

rjs246

I know two wrestling-like takedown maneuvers and they've worked every time I've used them. This makes me invincible.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.