UFC / MMA

Started by MURP, February 04, 2007, 11:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mussa

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

MURP

vids are getting harder to come by.  They are really going after any recent UFC fight posted online and having em removed.  I am sure they are out there, but not in the usual spots I used to find em.  Let me know if you run across em.

Feva

ESPN interview with Dana

Good interview with some good info about what to expect in the next 6 months from the UFC.

Also, if this ain't straight shooting from Dana, I don't know what is. 

QuoteESPN.com: You wouldn't be tempted to bring back Frank (Shamrock) for a big event?
DW: Who knows? But Frank is such a moron. He's so hard to deal with. He really is a jackass. If I could get it done, maybe I would. Look at me and Tito. We don't get along at all. You won't ever find two people who work together talk more [expletive] about each other. Tito's an idiot. He's a complete, absolute moron. But we can do business. :-D

ESPN.com: So why not kill two birds with one stone. How about Tito vs. Frank Shamrock?
DW: Frank Shamrock would never fight Tito Ortiz. Tito would crush him. Frank's not going to fight anybody serious. He's going to very carefully handpick his opponents, and continue to play the smoke and mirrors game.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

MURP

http://www.ufc.com/ 

they have a new UFC video game in the works.  it is the first thing on the site...  if that is anything close to the real game it looks amazing. 

Feva

Oh Hellz yeah!

Jackson-Henderson to Air on Spike TV

The light heavyweight title unification bout between UFC 205-pound ace Quinton Jackson and PRIDE champion Dan Henderson will be broadcast via same-day tape delay on Spike TV, the television network announced through a press release Monday afternoon.

"We are pleased that Spike TV will bring UFC 75 live from London to millions of UFC fans in the U.S. and Canada," said UFC president Dana White. "UFC 75 will be the UFC and PRIDE's first ever unification match -- this fight between 'Rampage' Jackson and Dan Henderson will decide who is the best 205-pound fighter in the two organizations."

Also set for the card, Mirko Filipovic (22-5-2) returns from his devastating loss to Gabriel Gonzaga back in April to confront French striker Cheick Kongo (10-3-1) and undefeated Ultimate Fighter veterans Michael Bisping (13-0-0) and Matt Hamill (3-0-0) take to the cage.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

mussa

nice!

lead singer of TOOL interviews Rickson Gracie. apparently Maynard is a purple belt in gracie jujitsu:

http://www.teamtooke.com/ricksonmaynardinterview.html
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

MURP

awesome that it is on SPIKE.  gotta love that.

interesting talk in that interview about the diet they use.  Never heard anything like that before.

MURP

both Sherk and Franca tested positive for ROIDS and were suspended for a year.   

MURP

UFC 76 has something scheduled

Chuck Liddell Vs. Keith Jardine

Mauricio (shogun) Rua Vs. Forrest Griffin

SunMo

i don't think i want to pay to see Liddell wreck Jardine
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Feva

Word.  I don't know if Dana could have served him up a bigger softball... although I know this was the backup for him because Wanderlei Silva didn't want the fight yet.

It might be worth seeing Shogun wreck Griffin though.  Forrest Griffin's a tough cat and all, but Shogun is a monster.

mussa

SunMo

wow...Team Mustache really laid a beating down there
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Drunkmasterflex

It depends on which Jardine shows up, if it is the guy that knocked out Griffin he may actually give old Chucky a little bit of a fight.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Drunkmasterflex

UFC 74 about to kick off, can't wait for the two main event fights. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell