Men Should Act Like Men...

Started by rjs246, January 24, 2007, 08:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Any word yet on whether they have a viable, eco-friendly way to dispose of the Prius batteries?  I heard that they are actually worse for the environment than are normal, smaller cars (Honda Fit, et al).  So, it would be hilarious if all you hybrid-buying douches actually did some research, huh?  But, hey, you can get 50 MPG and look like a tree-hugging ugly woman doing it.  So, congrats.

Link FWIW

Oh, and I'm worse than gay, because I drive a MINIVAN.

rjs246

You're not gay. You've just given up.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

What's worse... being asexual or homosexual?

rjs246

Let them eat bootstraps.

hbionic

Quote from: Tomahawk on July 09, 2010, 02:59:21 PM
Depending on the lady I'm with, it's sometimes called elbowing or shouldering

How is your mom anyways?
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

General_Failure

Quote from: FastFreddie on July 09, 2010, 03:05:42 PM

At least with a minivan you can load it up with more than two people and your purse. You can fit seven kids, two coolers, a trunk of toys, and three dead hookers in most minivans.

The man. The myth. The legend.

rjs246

That's what they call an 'orgy of evidence'. Bad news.

Let them eat bootstraps.

General_Failure

It keeps the kids entertained.

The man. The myth. The legend.

hbionic

All this talk about dead hookers, T-Hawks' mom, and Glee has put me in the mood.

Anyone want to start an 'message board circle jerk thread'?

Tomahawk

Quote from: hbionic on July 09, 2010, 03:22:49 PM
Quote from: Tomahawk on July 09, 2010, 02:59:21 PM
Depending on the lady I'm with, it's sometimes called elbowing or shouldering

How is your mom anyways?

You tell me. I'm surprised you can get wireless in there

hbionic

Quote from: hbionic on July 09, 2010, 03:35:15 PM
All this talk about dead hookers, T-Hawks' mom, and Glee has put me in the mood.

Non-Hippo of course.

Butchers Bill

Quote from: General_Failure on July 09, 2010, 03:26:22 PM
At least with a minivan you can load it up with more than two people and your purse. You can fit seven kids, two coolers, a trunk of toys, and three dead hookers in most minivans.

Four if they're Asian.   :paranoid
I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too,
I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right.

hbionic

Tomahawk

Quote from: FastFreddie on July 09, 2010, 03:05:42 PM
Any word yet on whether they have a viable, eco-friendly way to dispose of the Prius batteries?  I heard that they are actually worse for the environment than are normal, smaller cars (Honda Fit, et al).  So, it would be hilarious if all you hybrid-buying douches actually did some research, huh?  But, hey, you can get 50 MPG and look like a tree-hugging ugly woman doing it.  So, congrats.

Link FWIW

According to the article, hybrid batteries are better for the environment than the standard 12V car battery:

QuoteIt is not likely that the propulsion batteries will end up in a landfill, because Toyota for example is offering a $200 bonus for every battery returned. In addition, unlike the 12V battery which contains the heavy (toxic) metal lead, the propulsion battery is constructed using NickelMetalHydride which has very little toxic metals and would not be a problem in a landfill, otherwise all the camera and other rechargeable batteries would have been an issue already. However, the Nickel is a valuable metal, so that is the reason it is being recycled

What rjs should be concerned about is the crappy tires his car came with:

QuoteThe factory tires used on hybrids, specifically the Prius' Goodyear Integrity contribute to higher fuel economy and EPA test numbers but low real world stopping performance. The tires give better mileage due to a harder compound and tread pattern but poor traction, poor straight line stability, and were the lowest rated wet performance tire on tirerack.com.The Prius's panic braking was called "jerky and slightly odd" and straight line performance as "blown around in the wind" *Here are links to reviews of the prius's poor traction and straight line performance

DH

Quote from: hbionic on July 09, 2010, 03:35:49 PM
Quote from: hbionic on July 09, 2010, 03:35:15 PM

Non-Hippo of course.

So, what I said yesterday about your posts crepping me out....X 100000